Intimate Relationship RP - beginning date of residence

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:31 am

I haven't seen this asked here before ... sorry if I have missed it or it is blindingly obviously answered elsewhere :o

Section 1.4 "beginning and duration of residence in Finland"

For duration I'll put indefinitely, because that is the plan.

But for "When do you intend to move to Finland (dd.mm.yyyy)?" how important is the date?
The truthful answer is "once the RP is approved and starts plus a couple of weeks to book a flight".

If I put a date too early might they reject/question the application because it's not possible (I don't know if this is paranoid but government officials operate opaquely...)
If I put a date 6 months away but they process it more quickly will they nevertheless make the RP run from that date (I expect this)?
Or ... would they look at it and say "lower priority, bottom of the pile" (surely not)
If I leave it out will they bounce the application back with questions (I do expect this)?

If no one knows I'll take guesses.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Intimate Relationship RP - beginning date of residence

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:15 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:31 am
But for "When do you intend to move to Finland (dd.mm.yyyy)?" how important is the date?
The truthful answer is "once the RP is approved and starts plus a couple of weeks to book a flight".
This is a generic paper application on other grounds that will be processed by a human.

Your truthful answer sounds like what most people plan who apply.

pepino

Post by pepino » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am

I successfully applied for the intimate relationship RP and I believe they only give one year at a time. You may apply for an extension after one year. As for a start date, I had the same logic, "I'll go whenever they grant my RP", so, I put the number of months of the minimum processing time given at the time of applying. My RP began the exact date I had put on the application.

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 pm

Thanks - I'll go with common sense prevailing and paranoia ignored ;)