Apply for residence before doing the wedding

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Hey everyone

Im married to finnish citizen and i will apply for residence permit

Our relationship is genuine and weve been together for more than year and she visited me in my country two times , but we didnt make wedding , we are planning to do later on And now because of corona weddings are not allowed in my country

Will the embassy ask for wedding pictures ? Or its not mandatory

Thank you

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Apply for residence before doing the wedding

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Omajenn1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Our relationship is genuine and weve been together for more than year and she visited me in my country two times , but we didnt make wedding , we are planning to do later on And now because of corona weddings are not allowed in my country

You are saying that you are legally married, but you have not yet celebrated the wedding with friends and families?

The legal marriage is what makes you a spouse.
There is no legal requirement how to celebrate a marriage, it is even possible to not have any celebrations at all if you don't want to.
When checking whether the marriage is not a fake marriage Migri might ask why you did not (yet) celebrate it, wedding celebrations not being allowed due to COVID-19 is a good reason for that.

Omajenn1234

Re: Apply for residence before doing the wedding

Post by Omajenn1234 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:05 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 pm
Omajenn1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:00 pm

You are saying that you are legally married, but you have not yet celebrated the wedding with friends and families?

The legal marriage is what makes you a spouse.
There is no legal requirement how to celebrate a marriage, it is even possible to not have any celebrations at all if you don't want to.
When checking whether the marriage is not a fake marriage Migri might ask why you did not (yet) celebrate it, wedding celebrations not being allowed due to COVID-19 is a good reason for that.

Great

Thank you