Confused about residence permit process

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am

Hey everyone

Im from jordan and married to my Finnish wife

Our marriage took place in jordan and I want to apply for residence permit now

I understand that there is the online and paper way

There is no embassy in jordan and the authorised embassy is in ankara
For online , my wife have to send the marriage certificate to ankara to get ligalised then get it again and apply for maistarati and then i can apply online and she has to send me the marriage certificate back right? So i can take it with me to the identification appointment ? This appointment took place in the embassy or vfs ?

For paper , i can gather my papers without the legalisation and maistrati step and apply for vfs and then come again for identification appointment right?

So maybe its better for me to apply by paper right?

Thank you , i hope someone can help

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Confused about residence permit process

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:07 am

Omajenn1234 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Hey everyone

For online , my wife have to send the marriage certificate to ankara to get ligalised then get it again and apply for maistarati and then i can apply online and she has to send me the marriage certificate back right? So i can take it with me to the identification appointment ? This appointment took place in the embassy or vfs ?

For paper , i can gather my papers without the legalisation and maistrati step and apply for vfs and then come again for identification appointment right?

Your documents need to be legalised regardless of the application method.

Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:17 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:07 am
Omajenn1234 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 am
Hey everyone

Your documents need to be legalised regardless of the application method.
Thats true i know but in my case its different since there is no embassy in my country , if i apply online i have to legalise it from the ministry in my country and i the embassy and then apply online , if i want to apply by paper i just have to legalise it by ministry and then bring the papers to the VFS they will legalise and then apply for the residence , im not sure though about anything unfortunately its not clear

Check out this you may understand

https://residencepermits.finland.fi/tur ... apply.html

And this is the email i recieved when i asked them i want to legalise my marriage to apply on enter finland

Dear sender,

The Finnish Embassy in Ankara legalizes the original documents that stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country that issued the document (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan)

Both Arabic and English versions are to be legalized.

Legalization fee is 30 Euros for each stamp of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs plus EUR 20 for sending documents back to Finland.

To make the payment in Finland:

Name of Account Holder: Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland

Holder's address: PL 452, 00023 VALTIONEUVOSTO, FINLAND, P.O.Box 176

Payment should be to the account of the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (listed here) at OP Bank.

The bank details:

OP Yrityspankki Oyj

Teollisuuskatu 1b

00510 HELSINKI, FINLAND

IBAN: FI20 5000 0120 2508 64

BIC: OKOYFIHH

The following message need to be used in payments to the Ministry’s account.

LEGA + 3745 + applicant’s name

Note: Please attach a copy of the payment receipt and the address and phone number of the recipient in Finland with the documents.

Send the documents to Embassy Address in Ankara:

Name: Damascus Team

Company: Embassy of Finland

Address: Beyaz Zambaklar Sokağı No:44, GAZIOSMANPASA

Postal Code: 06690,

City: ANKARA

Tel. + 90-312-4574424

[email protected]

So my wife has to take the certificate with to finland and send it from there and then recieve it back then apply for maistratti then send it back to me , right? In paper application do i have to do all that ?

nney

Post by nney » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:08 am

Last edited by nney on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:22 pm

nney wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:08 am
Hi, we went through this same progress and it took some time, my husband is Lebanese and i am from Finland.
You need to take the papers to Finland before you can even legalize the marriage in your country.
I took the papers to Finland two times with me, once to get a stamp from Ministry of foreing affairs and once to legalize my marriage in Finland.
We also needed to send the papers for stamps to Sweden ( Embassy of Lebanon) and Turkey (Embassy of Finland)
And i am sure you have to legalize the marriage papers even you would use paper application.
Hey nney
Im planning to apply with paper application not through enterfinland so i will not do the long process of sending the marriage certificate to finland to maisstrati

But why did send the marriage certificate to sweden ? If it was isssued from lebanon you couldve stamp it in lebanon i believe

And what paper you needed to get stamped from MFA ? The paper that shows that you are single?

Omajenn1234

Post by Omajenn1234 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:28 pm

nney wrote:
Hi, we went through this same progress and it took some time, my husband is Lebanese and i am from Finland.
You need to take the papers to Finland before you can even legalize the marriage in your country.
I took the papers to Finland two times with me, once to get a stamp from Ministry of foreing affairs and once to legalize my marriage in Finland.
We also needed to send the papers for stamps to Sweden ( Embassy of Lebanon) and Turkey (Embassy of Finland)
And i am sure you have to legalize the marriage papers even you would use paper application.
Oh btw about leaglizing point , the embassy in turkey legalize documents issued from iraq lebanon and jordan i think you just have to pay 30 eur extra for every paper

This is from VFS email in turkey
(You can bring your original documents to be legalized to the application center on appointment date and pay for the legalization fees. )

nney

Post by nney » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Omajenn1234 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:28 pm
nney wrote:
Oh btw about leaglizing point , the embassy in turkey legalize documents issued from iraq lebanon and jordan i think you just have to pay 30 eur extra for every paper

This is from VFS email in turkey
(You can bring your original documents to be legalized to the application center on appointment date and pay for the legalization fees. )
Oh nice to hear we went thru a rollacoaster for these papers and had no idea we could do that 😂