Vacuum Cleaner recommendations

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
MosleyCale

Post by MosleyCale » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:55 am

Need to buy a vacuum cleaner. I don't want to spend a fortune on it so any good cleaner with great suction, preferably upright , and not more than 250 euro would be ideal. Any suggestion members? Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Vacuum Cleaner recommendations

Post by tavastia » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:11 am

With 250 you can find a very decent one. I prefer the ones the filter can be cleaned. HEPA filter. Other parameters you can look is the power, as bigger as better and lower noise level.

agroot

Post by agroot » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:16 pm

I have used expensive upright / dual use and Dyson's before. Weak, limited battery life and it's very difficult to clean (dumping is not cleaning; dust lingers).

A Volta's cost less than 60 performs much better. Noisy but not a concern of mine. You can find plenty of quiet ones under 200.

Pick one with dust-bag so that you don't have to disassemble and wash the vacuum inside-out every time. A bag can hardly be filled in a year unless you vacuum outdoors.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 am

Pick one with dust-bag so that you don't have to disassemble and wash the vacuum inside-out every time
I have never washed the inside of my Dyson, I just tip out the dust. who cares if there's a little bit stuck to the inside of the drum after emptying. It's not a battery powered one though, actually it's about 15 years old bought with me from England before they started to sell them in Finland (and people would laugh at it here because of the clear drum since Finns had no idea what a bag-less vacuum cleaner was).

agroot

Post by agroot » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 pm

riku2 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 am
(and people would laugh at it here because of the clear drum since Finns had no idea what a bag-less vacuum cleaner was).
I do. Those dust and hairs inside drums always irritated me, especially since the shells are transparent. No such trouble with bagged vacuum where all the disgusting dirt is sealed.

albacore

Post by albacore » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:13 am

I bought a robot vacuum cleaner and now I regret not buying it earlier. To me it seems like it’s the best home appliance ever. I don’t know why I procrastinated on it for years.

With 250 you can buy an ok one. I spent more than that, but it was from Elisa and I pay in installments so it’s fine.

I think it’s this one:
Xiaomi Roborock S6 Pure Robotti-imuri
FinlandList.com useful links for living in Finland
AskFinnish.com to ask your Finnish language questions.