Should people of color be concerned about new political shifts

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
albacore

Post by albacore » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:18 am

Hey,

Yesterday I read in the news that a Helsinki city mayor might be selected next year who:
- Does not support multiculturalism
- Does nor support multilingualism

Should the people of color be concerned? I’m worried even though the chances are not high for him to get elected. But his party is the second largest party in Finland now. And he might become prime minister next term.

I’m talking about The Finns party leader.

FinlandList.com useful links for living in Finland
AskFinnish.com to ask your Finnish language questions.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Should people of color be concerned about new political shifts

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:24 am

albacore wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:18 am
Yesterday I read in the news that a Helsinki city mayor might be selected next year who:
- Does not support multiculturalism
- Does nor support multilingualism

Should the people of color be concerned? I’m worried even though the chances are not high for him to get elected. But his party is the second largest party in Finland now. And he might become prime minister next term.

I’m talking about The Finns party leader.
His chances of getting elected as mayor are close to zero. Becoming prime minister is not possible without the support of other parties. It remains to be seen, if they would be willing to become government partners with him as prime minister. Of course, the trend of their support is problematic for people of color.

inkku

Post by inkku » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:27 pm

I agree with betelgeuse, he has no chances for Helsinki. However, mayors are not elected directly, the biggest parties set their people to the mayor positions: the mayor and two or three (?) vice mayors. The biggest parties in Helsinki are the green party, the coalition party (kokoomus) and SDP the social-democrats. btw, one of the current vice-mayors (SDP) was born in Afganistan.

He is also confusing the agenda, he promotes issues that are not dealt with at the municipal level. In addition, Helsinki as the capital needs to be multicultural and multilingual. Any realistic person understands that Finland depends on immigrants, currently the population is not even growing but remaining at the same level thanks to immigration, otherwise, it would shrink. Their agenda is purely racist.

nimap

Post by nimap » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:36 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:24 am
Becoming prime minister is not possible without the support of other parties. It remains to be seen, if they would be willing to become government partners with him as prime minister.
If PS is major party, I see no problem for them to form coalition. The most corrupt party in Finland The center party goes to bed with anyone offering them some important ministry. KOK is much closer to PS than previous years (except climate change and immigration issues). SPP is like spineless Keskusta which fits in every coalition, Liike Nyt is in pocket of KOK. At this point there is no difference between PS and KD, they could even merge and be much larger party. There is higher probability for PS to be leading the government next term.

PS today with Halla-Aho is outright right wing party unlike when Soini was in charge. Soini was like mix of economically left and immigration hard liner making it kind of hybrid but since Halla-Aho took over the party is de facto right, with economical right to KOK, that's why its easier for people to swing between KOK and PS depending upon sentiments of climate and immigration.