80e ticket... Oh no

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Simaan

80e ticket... Oh no

Post by Simaan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:07 pm

Hey guys,
Arrived in Helsinki 9 days ago and already got a ticket :thumbsup: in HSL bus today as I had other person's monthy card... It was a missunderstanding as in my home country this is perfectly ok but I told them ok, my fault for not checking, write me a stupid fee.

I have a week to pay it and their IBAN, however i havent got a finnish ID yet as I am waiting for 26 November to have my appointment. Im here with my fiancee. Anyway, how should I pay this, as I dont have a Finnish bank account.

Can i pay it from my Croatian account, or I should go personally, dont even know where, and most important question : will this fee notice be sent on my Croatian adress as I provided them with my croatian identification? I want to avoid this in any case. Or it will be sent to the adress i gave to the Customs when I entered the country?

Thank you so much this is my first fee ever and i am panicking here..... Cheers!!!

What happens if I am late paying this fee?

80e ticket... Oh no

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: 80e ticket... Oh no

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:26 am

Simaan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:07 pm
Arrived in Helsinki 9 days ago and already got a ticket :thumbsup: in HSL bus today as I had other person's monthy card... It was a missunderstanding as in my home country this is perfectly ok but I told them ok, my fault for not checking, write me a stupid fee.

I have a week to pay it and their IBAN, however i havent got a finnish ID yet as I am waiting for 26 November to have my appointment. Im here with my fiancee. Anyway, how should I pay this, as I dont have a Finnish bank account.
Finnish bank accounts are part of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) so any bank account capable of doing SEPA transfers will do.
Simaan wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:07 pm
Can i pay it from my Croatian account, or I should go personally, dont even know where, and most important question : will this fee notice be sent on my Croatian adress as I provided them with my croatian identification? I want to avoid this in any case. Or it will be sent to the adress i gave to the Customs when I entered the country?

Thank you so much this is my first fee ever and i am panicking here..... Cheers!!!

What happens if I am late paying this fee?
Did you provide them any contact details on the spot?

They can come after you through enforcement in Finland or Croatia but how much effort they spend on it, I don't know.