Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
F_S

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by F_S » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:29 am

Applied in March 2020.

Place in queue: 1515

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

finblack

Post by finblack » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:19 am

That's the reply I got from the immigration after inquiry about the delay. My application is now one year plus. Last I checked , I was like 540 in the queue. I am kinda not worried about this citizenship stuff anymore. Who knows, maybe before some people get decisions, they will add another more months. They are probably heading to Sweden's direction. I heard it takes up to 2 to 3 years to know get a citizenship over there after application. We can't even @#$% travel freely due to Corona lol . We ll wait with them . No problema lol

Unfortunately, processing times for citizenship applications have increased since your previous inquiry. The current time estimate is 14-16 months. Citizenship applications submitted at the August-September 2019 fold are currently being processed, so your application will be processed within a few months.

regards

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 am

finblack wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:19 am
That's the reply I got from the immigration after inquiry about the delay. My application is now one year plus. Last I checked , I was like 540 in the queue. I am kinda not worried about this citizenship stuff anymore. Who knows, maybe before some people get decisions, they will add another more months. They are probably heading to Sweden's direction. I heard it takes up to 2 to 3 years to know get a citizenship over there after application. We can't even @#$% travel freely due to Corona lol . We ll wait with them . No problema lol

Unfortunately, processing times for citizenship applications have increased since your previous inquiry. The current time estimate is 14-16 months. Citizenship applications submitted at the August-September 2019 fold are currently being processed, so your application will be processed within a few months.

regards

Bro, if I may ask what nationality are you? Because migri released some countries that might get decision late because of difficulty in verifying identity from those countries.

Secondly, is your application in stage two presently?
Last edited by Doncod on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 am

finblack wrote:

Bro, if I may ask what nationality are you? Because migri released some countries that might get decision late because of difficulty in verifying identity from those countries.

regards

rebvar

Post by rebvar » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Doncod wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:43 am
finblack wrote:

regards

Last edited by rebvar on Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

finblack

Post by finblack » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Where can one find the list of the countries? I am an african. I don't think it matters if u are on stage 1 or 2. Some people got theirs like 3 to 7 months after applying. But some of us have to wait... U have lived almost 10 years here without committing any crime and they are delaying your application because they can't confirm things from your home country. 10 years in Finland and u think one's country of origin would matter ? Who gives a heck about u in your home country after 10 years of leaving ? Lol it's like u have already lived almost half of your life here. Like I said, I ain't in a hurry. We just wait for more news lol .
rebvar wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:13 pm
Where can one find the list of those countries? Do you have a link for that?

Doncod wrote:
finblack wrote:

regards

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:36 pm

rebvar wrote:

Doncod wrote:
finblack wrote:

regards

https://migri.fi/-/kansalaisuushakemust ... sa-ruuhkaa

Doncod

Post by Doncod » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:36 pm

finblack wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 pm
Where can one find the list of the countries? I am an african. I don't think it matters if u are on stage 1 or 2. Some people got theirs like 3 to 7 months after applying. But some of us have to wait... U have lived almost 10 years here without committing any crime and they are delaying your application because they can't confirm things from your home country. 10 years in Finland and u think one's country of origin would matter ? Who gives a heck about u in your home country after 10 years of leaving ? Lol it's like u have already lived almost half of your life here. Like I said, I ain't in a hurry. We just wait for more news lol .
rebvar wrote:

Doncod wrote:

https://migri.fi/-/kansalaisuushakemust ... sa-ruuhkaa

rebvar

Post by rebvar » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:31 pm

I think it does. One can be a heinous criminal in thier own country and time does not clear some crimes. For example, if one commits murder, it does not matter if it was 10 years ago or yesterday. That person is a criminal. Now, do I think the process can be faster and better? Of course I do. Though I have read many news about horrible people that have acquired citizenship in a second country and have been hidden criminals and even war criminals in their own countries.

finblack wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:20 pm
rebvar wrote:

Doncod wrote:

maskara

Post by maskara » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Migri is absolutely lying about processing times. I know 4 people who applied in March 2020 and got citizenship in September at the latest. Their reply about processing currently 2019 September files is a total nonsense. Processing time checker or Queue from kamu chat is definitely not accurate. They are either doing a lottery system (like randomly checking applications) or they make decisions based on skin color, nationality and (yes) religion. Either way is horrible. So, my advice is don’t much care about processing times or queues, because they are just symbolic.

finblack

Post by finblack » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:11 pm

Well said bro! Some of us come to Europe as students . We went through screening just to pass the exam to study, passed through screening to get a visa and resident permit and work our assess off to get permanent residence and put on queue and talk about processing time lasting 16 months. Like I said, we are just waiting to hear another additional months while the Asians and russian spies are getting decisions under 3 to 4 months ..
maskara wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
Migri is absolutely lying about processing times. I know 4 people who applied in March 2020 and got citizenship in September at the latest. Their reply about processing currently 2019 September files is a total nonsense. Processing time checker or Queue from kamu chat is definitely not accurate. They are either doing a lottery system (like randomly checking applications) or they make decisions based on skin color, nationality and (yes) religion. Either way is horrible. So, my advice is don’t much care about processing times or queues, because they are just symbolic.

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:25 pm

maskara wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm

You are dealing with legal issues that have so may factors to it
If applicant has not been in finland long enough,
If applicant has lost the basis of residence
If applicant has any minor criminal issue (speed tickets for example)
If applicant did not secure income properly(working on freelancing)
If applicant has identity problems (changed name or date of birth, or country of birth is not trusted and giving passports for money) )
If applicant residence was interrupted by long vacations
If language skills were not proven
If applicant did not fill properly his application
If applicant is on temporary job contract soon to end and thats his only basis of residence

All these issues can cause delay, most people dont even fill the application properly.
That being said, its also true that in 2018 processing time was like 4-8 months for almost everyone, but now they are understaffed and they admit that. This is not our fault but thats alright lets be patient.

F_S

Post by F_S » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:53 pm

Only this year, I know personally at least 3 people whose positive decisions came in no more than 5 months.
All the 3 of them were full-time workers when they applied and during the processing of their applications. All the 3 of them initially came to Finland as international students and had a national passport from countries not on Migri's bkacklist. All the 3 of them had been on an A-type residence permit or (B+A combination) for about 5 years before they applied.
I am writing this here so we can, among other assumptions, also consider the importance of having and income as a full-timer, of having a degree from Finland, and of having waited long enough before submitting the application.

finblack

Post by finblack » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Some people just don't get it easily . It has nothing to do with confirmation from one's country. That's just some bogus stuff we are meant to believe. If you live in Finland long enough, u will understand that some set of people are treated unfairly . Even at work places.. I have seen Iraqis who got their citizenships in less than 4 months. If you could grant citizenship to people from war tore countries, what stops u from granting citizenships to people who have come here as students, worked and paid their taxes, secured a permanent residence with cleaning jobs and settle here just fine ? What else are u confirming that you didn't confirm before their student resident permits were granted? Some of them waited about 2 months to be granted a student resident permit .

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:40 am

pentosa wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:41 pm
Proved my identity on August 28th 2020. Still over 3000 people before me in the queue.
May i ask where u come from? cuz i proved my identity after you and still i am 1674th in queue!
Last edited by petbek-125 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.