Leave while waiting for RP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Victormat90

Post by Victormat90 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi, does anyone knows if i can leave the country while waiting for my residence permit? I want to go back home and come back in 2 months but i dont know if this would affect my permit. I haven't used the whole 90 day visa free of the Schenghen area so i dont know if i could come back under tourist visa without my permit being affected.
Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nimap

Re: Leave while waiting for RP

Post by nimap » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:54 pm

Victormat90 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:06 pm
Hi, does anyone knows if i can leave the country while waiting for my residence permit? I want to go back home and come back in 2 months but i dont know if this would affect my permit. I haven't used the whole 90 day visa free of the Schenghen area so i dont know if i could come back under tourist visa without my permit being affected.
Thanks!
yes, you can leave Finland to go your home country while waiting for you RP. However, you'll not be able to travel back if your previous RP is expired and new one is still processing.

heretostay

Re: Leave while waiting for RP

Post by heretostay » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:58 pm

Normally, you could go and come back. I have traveled a lot both before and during the pandemic. Now it is a huge risk without valid residency. The airlines are extremely strict on who they let on the flights. If you don’t have all of the papers they want, you could be stranded. Not worth the risk until the pandemic eases IMO.