Citizenship Application 2020

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
krapulassa

Re: Citizenship Application 2020

Post by krapulassa » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:29 pm

I have right of residence here in Finland because my spouse is EU citizen. How long do I have to live in Finland to qualify for citizenship?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:56 am

maskara wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:39 pm
I never got social benefits and have a steady income (relatively high) and I own 2 properties in Helsinki. I even have private health insurance to not use kela. I’m still waiting since 10 months.

I also know 2 persons from Thailand who got their positive decision in 3.5 months and 1 of them have always had social benefits and has no job.

I’m not from Migri’s listed countries. I stopped looking for a logic on Migri’s system long time ago. Because there is none. The only thing I think is they do choose applications like a lottery system. So, system chooses an application automatically and they start processing. Otherwise I don’t know how this thing can even happen. Either way, migri is the most corrupt office in Finland.

F_S wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:14 pm
Do you know anyone without ever depending on social benefits whose application has taken more than 6 months? What I am trying to figure out is if people who have always ONLY paid taxes and never relied on benefits could be ones whose citizenship applications are given the highest priority.
You write a comment a day about your income, makes me wonder What are you over compensating for?

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:57 am

krapulassa wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:29 pm
I have right of residence here in Finland because my spouse is EU citizen. How long do I have to live in Finland to qualify for citizenship?
4 years like everyone else+ Finnish language

maskara

Post by maskara » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:12 pm

None of your business, thanks.

petbek-125 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:56 am
maskara wrote:
I never got social benefits and have a steady income (relatively high) and I own 2 properties in Helsinki. I even have private health insurance to not use kela. I’m still waiting since 10 months.

I also know 2 persons from Thailand who got their positive decision in 3.5 months and 1 of them have always had social benefits and has no job.

I’m not from Migri’s listed countries. I stopped looking for a logic on Migri’s system long time ago. Because there is none. The only thing I think is they do choose applications like a lottery system. So, system chooses an application automatically and they start processing. Otherwise I don’t know how this thing can even happen. Either way, migri is the most corrupt office in Finland.

F_S wrote:
Do you know anyone without ever depending on social benefits whose application has taken more than 6 months? What I am trying to figure out is if people who have always ONLY paid taxes and never relied on benefits could be ones whose citizenship applications are given the highest priority.
You write a comment a day about your income, makes me wonder What are you over compensating for?

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:11 am

maskara wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:24 pm
Also, people like you who are from 3rd world country, working illegal hours, couldn’t integrated well and with kela support, who are potential “something” will easily get citizenship, don’t worry. Our European nations love you kind of “innocent immigrants”. So don’t make this topic your personal fantasy and push for more integration. It’s not Egypt, I am afraid!!

petbek-125 wrote:
maskara wrote:

I am a lawyer with LL.B. and master of political science (Finnish master degree) and I work in office job here in Finland, so u can keep ur funny social welfare allegations.
Yes i would get the citizenship probably before you (probably in 6 months like other Egyptians). You can cry about it, if that helps.
Question, do you stop everyone on street and tell them about ur salary?

gingerbreadass

Post by gingerbreadass » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 am

petbek-125 wrote:
maskara wrote:

F_S wrote:
Lmaooo exactly
If I may say, don’t bother and don’t cast pearls before swine. The person doesn’t even seem to know the definition of the word “corrupt” and is just out here being spiteful smh

Momomamo

Post by Momomamo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:57 pm

F_S wrote:
I'm almost 7 years in Finland and I'm working and paying tax from day 1! Never used any social benefits. But I'm waiting now close to 14 months and the application still waiting in the queue. Not even in processing. I just wonder how many other people have the same situation? If you have contacted Migri what was the response? Do you think it helps to contact? Not that I need it at this point but the waiting is getting so fraustrating !

Momomamo

Post by Momomamo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:02 am

callmybbc wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:07 pm
Let's keep the conversation going...

Most of us here have possibly applied for Finnish citizenship and also future potential applicants are here trying to gather some information that would help them tailored a good application when their time comes. This year has indeed tested our patience with series of events in our personal lives from coronavirus to loosing someone close to you, to loosing jobs, relegating to unemployment benefits, to depression to applying for the Finnish citizenship and many more I cannot think of.

All these events had happened this year alone while MIgri keeps testing our level of patience. So this makes me wanted to ask you guys this question " How long have you been patiently waiting for your Finnish citizenship decision? "

Because, OMG! My application is now officially fourteen months and stage one LOL. :) :)

Who knows maybe Migri might surprise me before Christmas or new year :D :D
14 months here! Any update on your application? :)

Momomamo

Post by Momomamo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 am

petbek-125 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 pm
callmybbc wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:07 pm
Let's keep the conversation going...

Most of us here have possibly applied for Finnish citizenship and also future potential applicants are here trying to gather some information that would help them tailored a good application when their time comes. This year has indeed tested our patience with series of events in our personal lives from coronavirus to loosing someone close to you, to loosing jobs, relegating to unemployment benefits, to depression to applying for the Finnish citizenship and many more I cannot think of.

All these events had happened this year alone while MIgri keeps testing our level of patience. So this makes me wanted to ask you guys this question " How long have you been patiently waiting for your Finnish citizenship decision? "

Because, OMG! My application is now officially fourteen months and stage one LOL. :) :)

Who knows maybe Migri might surprise me before Christmas or new year :D :D
I like your attitude if we cant affect their speed at least we can stay positive.
Wow 14 months thats looooong.
May i ask you do you come from one of these countries that migri listed of being slowed down on purpose for verification of identity?
Where is this list of countries everyone talks about? Can someone share a link? I searched and found nothing!

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:59 am

gingerbreadass wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 am
petbek-125 wrote:
maskara wrote:

Lmaooo exactly
If I may say, don’t bother and don’t cast pearls before swine. The person doesn’t even seem to know the definition of the word “corrupt” and is just out here being spiteful smh
Ya i know its not wise to debate like this, but it is sad that in a place SPECIFICALLY made for migrants to help each other, you find people like this.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:05 am

Momomamo wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:04 am
Where is this list of countries everyone talks about? Can someone share a link? I searched and found nothing!
https://migri.fi/en/-/backlog-in-the-pr ... plications
Afghanistan, Iraq, Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia and Syria.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

burak25

Post by burak25 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:35 pm

maskara wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:24 pm
Also, people like you who are from 3rd world country, working illegal hours, couldn’t integrated well and with kela support, who are potential “something” will easily get citizenship, don’t worry. Our European nations love you kind of “innocent immigrants”. So don’t make this topic your personal fantasy and push for more integration. It’s not Egypt, I am afraid!!

petbek-125 wrote:
maskara wrote:

Please act like this everywhere. People should see clearly who you are.

AntonBy

Post by AntonBy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Hey,

Does anybody have a good explanation of the 4 years vs. 5 years rule?

"You have the required language skills and strong ties with Finland"

What is meant in practice with strong ties to Finland? Should it be a property? Or will permanent work be enough?

I've been in Finland for 5 years, the first two of which were with a B permit. It ends up being 4 years overall. I am wondering if I take YKI test now and pass it, will I be able to apply for citizenship?

Also, does it make sense to apply in advance, assuming that in 11-12 months of the application being in a queue, it will be 5 years overall?

Alexithymia_again

Post by Alexithymia_again » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:05 pm

AntonBy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Hey,

What is meant in practice with strong ties to Finland? Should it be a property? Or will permanent work be enough?

I've been in Finland for 5 years, the first two of which were with a B permit. It ends up being 4 years overall. I am wondering if I take YKI test now and pass it, will I be able to apply for citizenship?

Also, does it make sense to apply in advance, assuming that in 11-12 months of the application being in a queue, it will be 5 years overall?
The language exam itself is enough for strong ties, provided other things are in order (I.e work situation). In previous years few of my friends who had 4 years with YKI (2y B + 3y A) and means of earning have been granted citizenship. Also on the citizenship application page it is mentioned somewhere that language is considered one way of displaying strong ties with Finland. Good luck for YKI

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:18 pm

AntonBy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:19 pm
Hey,

I can send you a long answer with the law and the discussions in the parliament and the bill from the government, but you will get super bored readin (not everyone is interested in law, thats something i learnt the difficult way by boring the hell out of many people). So i will just give you the punch line forget about the five years, four years residence satisfies their requirements.
your second question
Once you passed the four years, I advice you to apply as soon as possible, because you are eligible after the four years. The waiting is super frustrating and can take a year or so. so the sooner the better. I dont think you can pass yki that easily though, unless if u studied well already.