Summer Cottage Info

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
aayushia4421

Summer Cottage Info

Post by aayushia4421 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone here knew any information on getting a wastewater sewage connection in a summer cottage in Finland. I understand that prices vary depending on municipalities but I am asking for a range. I have info on electricity and water connections but have not been able to find any with regards to wastewater connections.

Summer Cottage Info

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Summer Cottage Info

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 pm

aayushia4421 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:00 pm
I was wondering if anyone here knew any information on getting a wastewater sewage connection in a summer cottage in Finland. I understand that prices vary depending on municipalities but I am asking for a range. I have info on electricity and water connections but have not been able to find any with regards to wastewater connections.
Without more information (the municipality, how much work there is to get it on your plot,...) one can really only guess, could be a low as a few hundred, or as much as 10000 euros. Or even impossible to get one, meaning the cottage will need a sewage handling system of its own. I suggest asking from the city/town.

NukkuMatti

Re: Summer Cottage Info

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 pm
aayushia4421 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:00 pm
Without more information (the municipality, how much work there is to get it on your plot,...) one can really only guess, could be a low as a few hundred, or as much as 10000 euros. Or even impossible to get one, meaning the cottage will need a sewage handling system of its own. I suggest asking from the city/town.
99% chance you need the last option, local sewer system going to a big underground tank / well / pit, which needs to be emptied once a year or longer depending on size and use.
Even a lot of houses in rural area's have this system..