Have you been in the same puddle?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
riri

Post by riri » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:32 am

Hi ,
I was in study leave for 15 months , as it was time to go back to work, my employer informed me that they have to lay me off because of this covid restrictions. I have a permanent contract and am a full time employee. My studies are not yet finished, and my visa is expiring soon. I wonder if the immigration considers my application for the permanent residency now with the unemployment allowance being the only financial means for me at the moment. My bank statement is not so strong because i was only getting the opintotuki until now , so when migri checks the previous bank statements, they only see the opintotuki as my income. Has anyone been in the same situation?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Have you been in the same puddle?

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:43 am

riri wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:32 am
Hi ,
I was in study leave for 15 months , as it was time to go back to work, my employer informed me that they have to lay me off because of this covid restrictions. I have a permanent contract and am a full time employee. My studies are not yet finished, and my visa is expiring soon. I wonder if the immigration considers my application for the permanent residency now with the unemployment allowance being the only financial means for me at the moment. My bank statement is not so strong because i was only getting the opintotuki until now , so when migri checks the previous bank statements, they only see the opintotuki as my income. Has anyone been in the same situation?
To get P you need to be eligible for A.

riri

Post by riri » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:56 pm

So is the unemployment allowance not counted as income?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:11 pm

riri wrote:
I was in study leave for 15 months , as it was time to go back to work, my employer informed me that they have to lay me off because of this covid restrictions. I have a permanent contract and am a full time employee.
Does Migri allow to stay on an RP on the basis of work when not working for over a year?
riri wrote:
my employer informed me that they have to lay me off because of this covid restrictions. I have a permanent contract and am a full time employee. My studies are not yet finished, and my visa is expiring soon. I wonder if the immigration considers my application for the permanent residency now
Migri wrote: If it seems like work cannot be offered in the future, for example due to the coronavirus outbreak, and the applicant has not found new employment, it is unlikely that the applicant is granted an extended permit.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:55 pm

riri wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:56 pm
So is the unemployment allowance not counted as income?
You cannot be granted an extension on the basis of work when you are not working.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:29 pm

You might still get a non permanent permit extension (B?) for finishing your studies.. and in the mean time try to get a new job.

riri

Post by riri » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:25 am

Thank you for the informations !!