Asylum seeker to RP based on work

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
blueprintzz

Post by blueprintzz » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi!
I am just curious if some knows this legal issue i am having here. i am an asylum seeker here in finland. My case is still in court being processed. About 5 months ago i found a job,a steady one with good pay. So last month i applied for my first residence permit for an employed person as suggested by everyone I know. I read on Migri's website that I should not be working when my application is being processed. But the thing here is that my asylum application gives the right to work. My lawyer says I should be working until i have notification of the asulym application being canceled because it will at a certain point. But to be honest that lawyer has been communicating very poorly and I dont know if I can trust that adviceneed, I don't want to do anything that will jeopardize my RP application but and at the same time I need to continue working to survive (food, rent, etc...). So I am asking if anyone has any info or experience in a similar matter. please enlighten me because I am a bit lost here.

Thanks for answering !

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Asylum seeker to RP based on work

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:27 pm

blueprintzz wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:58 pm
I read on Migri's website that I should not be working when my application is being processed.
Link, please.

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm

blueprintzz wrote:
My lawyer says I should be working until i have notification of the asulym application being canceled because it will at a certain point.
Ask another lawyer or ask migri.

Common sense would dictate that the "state" would like for any asylum seeker to get up on their own feet as soon as possible, so work rights are very important for such applicants. Also if you have a job, earning income and thus paying taxes, that will also likely positively impact your asylum application if migri comes back and asks for more information.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:45 pm

krapulassa wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:38 pm
Also if you have a job, earning income and thus paying taxes, that will also likely positively impact your asylum application if migri comes back and asks for more information.
It's not relevant.

blueprintzz

Post by blueprintzz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:40 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:27 pm
blueprintzz wrote:
I read on Migri's website that I should not be working when my application is being processed.
Link, please.
https://migri.fi/en/residence-permit-fo ... yed-person.

i actually asked another lawyer but he couldn't tell me exactly what to do. He sent me back to my previous lawyer. I then wrote an email to migri. still waiting for the answer.

Thanks for asnewring,

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm

blueprintzz wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:40 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:27 pm
blueprintzz wrote:
Link, please.
https://migri.fi/en/residence-permit-fo ... yed-person.

i actually asked another lawyer but he couldn't tell me exactly what to do. He sent me back to my previous lawyer. I then wrote an email to migri. still waiting for the answer.
This page is generic for residence permit applications for employed people. The quote "You cannot start working before you get a residence permit for an employed person." could be rephrased as "An application for a residence permit application for an employed person does not give you the right to work".

A bigger picture is available from sections 78 to 80 of the Aliens Act.

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf

blueprintzz

Post by blueprintzz » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:19 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:10 pm

A bigger picture is available from sections 78 to 80 of the Aliens Act.

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/kaannokse ... 040301.pdf
ok this gives me a better undertanding of what I wanted to know.

Thanks so much for taking the time. Much appreciated