Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
akuno_hime_1412

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Maaria wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 am
mesim wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm

I intentionally applied in advance. Because I was expecting 8-10 months of process. I hope I get my decision when I meet the requirement similar to Annie333.
How many months before 4 years did you apply? Did you already have yki test result at the time of application or you sent it sometime later?
I don't recommend applying without proof of language skill.
– Yleisin syy kielteiseen päätökseen oli joko puutteellinen kielitaito tai epäselväksi jäänyt henkilöllisyys, kertoo Maahanmuuttoviraston kansalaisuusyksikön tulosalueen johtaja Ulla Vainikka.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm

maskara wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:05 pm

The thing is that, my application is still in stage 1 which means they didn’t even check my application. If it was in processing stage, it would be. Also I don’t want them to speed up my processing, I just want it to be fair as I have been waiting longer than expected time.
That is way too long to get it to stage 2. I would suggest keep asking and requesting, even if they said don't do that, sometimes, or more than usual they "forgot" your case. Happened to my friend and me.
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:31 pm
Since entry and exit is not recorded, I don’t see what they could spend their time on checking. They basically just have to trust the declaration about travels.
But if you travel outside of EU-Schengen area for example, isn't that not recorded? I highly doubt that. But if you travel inside EU then it is more difficult to trace, so they probably have to believe it or maybe they won't
maskara wrote:

Exactly, even if they check, how will they know my residency time? No passport stamps or anything else issued in Schengen. So I suppose that is not the reason of delay.
Did you always have valid residence permit for the whole last 4 year period? I hope it hadn't been interrupted somehow.

This is rather a dumb question but may I ask what benefits being a Finnish citizen grants you given that you're already a European citizen?

maskara

Post by maskara » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:42 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm
maskara wrote:

The thing is that, my application is still in stage 1 which means they didn’t even check my application. If it was in processing stage, it would be. Also I don’t want them to speed up my processing, I just want it to be fair as I have been waiting longer than expected time.
That is way too long to get it to stage 2. I would suggest keep asking and requesting, even if they said don't do that, sometimes, or more than usual they "forgot" your case. Happened to my friend and me.
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:31 pm
Since entry and exit is not recorded, I don’t see what they could spend their time on checking. They basically just have to trust the declaration about travels.
But if you travel outside of EU-Schengen area for example, isn't that not recorded? I highly doubt that. But if you travel inside EU then it is more difficult to trace, so they probably have to believe it or maybe they won't
maskara wrote:

Exactly, even if they check, how will they know my residency time? No passport stamps or anything else issued in Schengen. So I suppose that is not the reason of delay.
Did you always have valid residence permit for the whole last 4 year period? I hope it hadn't been interrupted somehow.

This is rather a dumb question but may I ask what benefits being a Finnish citizen grants you given that you're already a European citizen?
I have always had the residence permit continuously and no interruption. And yes, if you travel outside Schengen, there will be stamps. I don’t think they forgot my application but it’s just not coming. I don’t like their replying behavior so I stopped sending emails.

I’m from Switzerland and Switzerland is not in EU (it’s in Schengen only). So I would like to have an EU passport while I can.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:23 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm
But if you travel outside of EU-Schengen area for example, isn't that not recorded? I highly doubt that.
Only with stamps. A digital system is planned to come online next year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entry-Exit-System

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Started filling in my citizenship application and noticed that I also need to list my previous employment information there...
There were interruptions in my employment in the past (up to 6 months) during which I didn’t work. I never received any benefits from kela though.
Can it be an issue when I submit my application?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 pm

letseatpizza wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:24 pm
Started filling in my citizenship application and noticed that I also need to list my previous employment information there...
There were interruptions in my employment in the past (up to 6 months) during which I didn’t work. I never received any benefits from kela though.
Yes, if you, for example, supported yourself with illegal activities.

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:53 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:41 pm
letseatpizza wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:24 pm
Yes, if you, for example, supported yourself with illegal activities.
absolutely not... I lived off my own savings.

mesim

Post by mesim » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:40 am

maskara wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:59 pm
mesim wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:14 pm
I got a very short message from Migri stating that I have not met the minimum 4 years residence time yet and by mid August, I will meet this condition. But, my application did to change and stayed in stage 2 and I did not even receive supplemental request. I am now very stressed to death. Do you think my application would be kept pending until I meet the condition or I might get rejected? I appreciate any experience and/or opinion regarding my issue.

Hey, may I ask when did you apply? And how did you get that message? You sent them email and they answered like that or they sent a message directly? Also is your application now in stage 2 and pending or stage 1?

Thanks.
Hi, sorry for my late reply. I applied on 10.11.2020, My application moved to stage 2 one month ago. I got the email from Migri on 26.3. I did not send them any email, but I updated my application with latest payslips and travel history just one day before receiving that email from Migri. My application is still in stage 2. My guess (and my hope) is that my application is pending until I fulfill the residence requirement and then I will hopefully receive the positive decision.

mesim

Post by mesim » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:43 am

Maaria wrote:
mesim wrote:

I intentionally applied in advance. Because I was expecting 8-10 months of process. I hope I get my decision when I meet the requirement similar to Annie333.
How many months before 4 years did you apply? Did you already have yki test result at the time of application or you sent it sometime later?
I applied around 6 month before 4 years of combined A and B permits (considering B as half), though the total time of my residence was around 4.5 years when I applied. I did have Yki when I applied.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm

mesim wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:43 am
Maaria wrote:
mesim wrote:

I applied around 6 month before 4 years of combined A and B permits. I did have Yki.
Thanks for your reply. I am a bit confused. Just trying to understand because I am trying work out how early I can apply. You mentioned that Migri said to you that your 4 years requirement will be met in mid August and mentioned earlier that you applied in November 10th 2020. Does that mean you applied you applied 9 months before 4 years requirement to be fulfilled? Can you please clarify? Thanks.

mesim

Post by mesim » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Maaria wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm
mesim wrote:
Maaria wrote:

I applied around 6 month before 4 years of combined A and B permits. I did have Yki.
Thanks for your reply. I am a bit confused. Just trying to understand because I am trying work out how early I can apply. You mentioned that Migri said to you that your 4 years requirement will be met in mid August and mentioned earlier that you applied in November 10th 2020. Does that mean you applied you applied 9 months before 4 years requirement to be fulfilled? Can you please clarify? Thanks.
My own estimate was that i should meet the required residence time by May. So i applied approximately 6 months before because expected processing time was 12 months when I applied.
But I do not understand how Migri calculated my residence time and told me that I meet the requirement in August. Maybe they did not calculate the duration in day by day basis as I did and just gave me a very conservative time estimate.

Dani456

Post by Dani456 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Seuraavien maiden passit eivät yksinään riitä selvittämään henkilöllisyyttä, vaan ne vaativat Maahanmuuttovirastossa enemmän selvitystyötä: Afganistan, Irak, Gambia, Ghana, Kamerun, Kongon demokraattinen tasavalta, Nigeria, Pakistan.

Hello to all, have any one got an email from migri stating that our passports are not enough to prove our identity for citizenship?
Now I have question , what kind of documents proves our identity, since it's a valid passport and I renewed it 2 times.
We should ask migri about documents , we will provide them in order to make our application in the so called fastest queue.
Have any one asks what documents exactly they need to prove ourselfs. It's our right to ask since our cases have been pending for years.

maskara

Post by maskara » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:59 pm

mesim wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm
Maaria wrote:
mesim wrote:

My own estimate was that i should meet the required residence time by May. So i applied approximately 6 months before because expected processing time was 12 months when I applied.
But I do not understand how Migri calculated my residence time and told me that I meet the requirement in August. Maybe they did not calculate the duration in day by day basis as I did and just gave me a very conservative time estimate.

Getting stage 2 in 2 months is still very interesting. Is your RP based on work or family?

mesim

Post by mesim » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:22 pm

maskara wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:59 pm
mesim wrote:
Maaria wrote:

Getting stage 2 in 2 months is still very interesting. Is your RP based on work or family?
It's based on work.

maskara

Post by maskara » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:27 pm

mesim wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:22 pm
maskara wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:59 pm
mesim wrote:

It's based on work.
I think when it’s based on family, takes longer. But nobody knows Migri’s sick mentality lol