Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kmr

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by kmr » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:07 am

Alanbarriquel wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:08 pm
mdn wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:58 pm
Alanbarriquel wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:10 pm
Well, I have an update about my case.

Visited Migri on 19.1.2021
Moved to stage 2 on 19.2.2021
Positive decision made on 26.3.2021
I'm a Brazilian national on a permanent residence permit based on family ties(Finnish wife).

Wish you good luck on your case.
Great, congratulations.

You have wrote also sometime ago: "My queue number was around 2800 when it was moved to stage 2." - could you answer, what was your queue number initially?
Sure,
My name on the queue started at 3.133 and it was moving forward about 20 a day. Around 2800 I was moved to stage 2. And during this time I only sent them my payslips. Pretty straightforward on my case.👍
Congratulations Alanbarriquel!

When did you submitted your application online? Looking at your case (comparing it with mine), it seems that the queue system is based upon the time when you submit the online application. I proved my identity on 4.1.2021, but my queue number is still around 3800, still in stage 1. But, you have proved your identity on 19.1.2021, queue number 2800 and already received the decision. I am sorry that I made the comparison of my case with yours, but I just wanted to be sure how the queue system actually work.
Congratulations once again.

Cheers!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Alanbarriquel

Post by Alanbarriquel » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:17 pm

kmr wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:07 am
Alanbarriquel wrote:
mdn wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:58 pm

Great, congratulations.

You have wrote also sometime ago: "My queue number was around 2800 when it was moved to stage 2." - could you answer, what was your queue number initially?
Sure,
My name on the queue started at 3.133 and it was moving forward about 20 a day. Around 2800 I was moved to stage 2. And during this time I only sent them my payslips. Pretty straightforward on my case.👍

When did you submitted your application online? Looking at your case (comparing it with mine), it seems that the queue system is based upon the time when you submit the online application. I proved my identity on 4.1.2021, but my queue number is still around 3800, still in stage 1. But, you have proved your identity on 19.1.2021, queue number 2800 and already received the decision. I am sorry that I made the comparison of my case with yours, but I just wanted to be sure how the queue system actually work.

Cheers!
I fully understand your anxiety, I was!
Well, when I got my YKI tests results level 3 on 26.10.2020, I went online on the same day and paid the 420€ and submitted my application online, but because of the pandemic I only got a time at Migri Rovaniemi on 19.1.2021 to prove my identity.
And during this time I was waiting to prove my identity, nothing happened to my application, it was just sitting there and waiting with a "pending" status. After I proved my identity, my application received an diary number and I started on the queue number 3133.
One thing I would like to mention is that my friend who was with me on YKI test and she got the same test results as mine and she applied on the very same day as mine in the same office by the same lady, is still on stage 1 and queue number 3450. The differences between me and my friend are: She never worked in Finland and I always worked. I came to this country as a family member and me and my wife already lived in London together for roughly 10 years before moving here. And she came along with her husband Morrocan dude who is a student.

There are rumours that migri tends to make the process much longer on those situations. But hey, these are just rumours based on my friends experiences.

But if you got all your papers correct, they can only delay the process but for sure they will have to give you a fair decision at some point.

All my positive energies that you get it soon too!!

manamak

Post by manamak » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:55 pm

enitan2002 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:35 pm
How do i check my queue number of my application? I only have diary number
Go to https://migri.fi/en/chat1 open the chat and ask "What is my place in queue" it asks for your diary number and then responds you with the queue number?

This is a robot chatbot and you can ask anytime. The queue number does not change more than one time per day. It updates around 3 a.m each day.
So the changes on Friday are visible on Saturday morning

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:57 pm

Alanbarriquel wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:17 pm
kmr wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:07 am
Alanbarriquel wrote:

Sure,

Cheers!
I fully understand your anxiety, I was!
Well, when I got my YKI tests results level 3 on 26.10.2020, I went online on the same day and paid the 420€ and submitted my application online, but because of the pandemic I only got a time at Migri Rovaniemi on 19.1.2021 to prove my identity.
And during this time I was waiting to prove my identity, nothing happened to my application, it was just sitting there and waiting with a "pending" status. After I proved my identity, my application received an diary number and I started on the queue number 3133.
One thing I would like to mention is that my friend who was with me on YKI test and she got the same test results as mine and she applied on the very same day as mine in the same office by the same lady, is still on stage 1 and queue number 3450. The differences between me and my friend are: She never worked in Finland and I always worked. I came to this country as a family member and me and my wife already lived in London together for roughly 10 years before moving here. And she came along with her husband Morrocan dude who is a student.

There are rumours that migri tends to make the process much longer on those situations. But hey, these are just rumours based on my friends experiences.

But if you got all your papers correct, they can only delay the process but for sure they will have to give you a fair decision at some point.

All my positive energies that you get it soon too!!
Oh wow this is mind-blowing. How could two people applying and identifying at Migri on the same day have +300 difference in place in queue...

My queue number started at around 4650 and within the last 4 weeks it has been juggling up and down, one day up and the next two days pushed down to the end of the week so basically it barely moved at all 🙄🙄🙄

mdn

Post by mdn » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 am

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:57 pm
Oh wow this is mind-blowing. How could two people applying and identifying at Migri on the same day have +300 difference in place in queue...
By his description - they have not applied on the same day, just that they identified at the same day.
So his description really cleared out how is the queue working since at least about autumn 2020.

Esu

Post by Esu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am

mdn wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 am
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
By his description - they have not applied on the same day, just that they identified at the same day.
So his description really cleared out how is the queue working since at least about autumn 2020.
Everything starts the day you proved your identity. It’s on migri’s website

mdn

Post by mdn » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am

Esu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am
Nobody forces you to use the knowledge.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 pm

Alanbarriquel wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:17 pm

my friend who was with me on YKI test and she got the same test results as mine and she applied on the very same day as mine in the same office by the same lady, is still on stage 1 and queue number 3450. The differences between me and my friend are: She never worked in Finland and I always worked. I came to this country as a family member and me and my wife already lived in London together for roughly 10 years before moving here. And she came along with her husband Morrocan dude who is a student.
Alanbarriquel didn't really specified.

But yes I also believe that one would be given the diary number on the day he/she sent and paid for the application. Only after one go to identify oneself then this diary/queue number will be popped into the queue and the application will get processed. Like going to the store and taking queue number without actually queuing. This probably due to the fact that appointment slots are so rare.
Esu wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 am
Also from Migri 🙂🙃
Applications are not always processed only based on the place in queue

Alanbarriquel

Post by Alanbarriquel » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:19 am

mdn wrote:
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
My apologies, I forgot to mention. Me and my friend got the YKI results on the same day, I applied on the same day on the 26.10.2020 and my friend could only apply a week later cos she didn't have the money. So yeah, she applied a week later than me.
Spoke to her yesterday and still stage 1 and queue number 3370.

kmr

Post by kmr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Alanbarriquel wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:19 am
mdn wrote:
akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
My apologies, I forgot to mention. Me and my friend got the YKI results on the same day, I applied on the same day on the 26.10.2020 and my friend could only apply a week later cos she didn't have the money. So yeah, she applied a week later than me.
Spoke to her yesterday and still stage 1 and queue number 3370.
Thank you Alanbarriquel for explaining everything very clearly. Appreciate it.

Now, I am very clear that the queue system actually works when we submit the application and pay the processing fee. I even checked it with one my friend from the same country. We submitted the application online and paid the fee at the same day. But, visited migri 25 days apart. Our queue numbers are almost similar.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently got a mail from migri which explains my situation as well as queue system. So:

- There are 4 queues:
1- People with permanent RP
2- People with work based RP
3- People with family based RP
4- Others ( Refugees, Asylum seekers, people with no passport etc.)

How it works is; every first week of a month, they take certain amount of applications from those 4 queues. So if you are from group 1 (permanent RP) and there are less people in that group, your application will be quicker than others as there will be more people from other group. Currently highest application come from family RP group so their application takes longer.

Another factor is, again according to them, they rarely (I mean very rarely) take student RP time under consideration. It’s basically A permit which you need to have for 4-5 years. Also, very important point, YOUR RESIDENCY IS CALCULATED FROM THE FIRST DAY YOU REGISTER YOUR ADDRESS. NOT THE DAY YOUR RP STARTS. You can go to suomi.fi to see when you registered your address in Finland.

My situation is that my address registration started in May, that’s why I will get decision in May. They have not counted my student RP at all even though it was continuous. So it means that I actually applied to citizenship 14 months before my residency time fulfill 😱.

I hope this helped you.

mani121

Post by mani121 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:24 pm

maskara wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:13 pm
Hello everyone,

I recently got a mail from migri which explains my situation as well as queue system. So:

- There are 4 queues:

How it works is; every first week of a month, they take certain amount of applications from those 4 queues. So if you are from group 1 (permanent RP) and there are less people in that group, your application will be quicker than others as there will be more people from other group. Currently highest application come from family RP group so their application takes longer.

Another factor is, again according to them, they rarely (I mean very rarely) take student RP time under consideration. It’s basically A permit which you need to have for 4-5 years. Also, very important point, YOUR RESIDENCY IS CALCULATED FROM THE FIRST DAY YOU REGISTER YOUR ADDRESS. NOT THE DAY YOUR RP STARTS. You can go to suomi.fi to see when you registered your address in Finland.

My situation is that my address registration started in May, that’s why I will get decision in May. They have not counted my student RP at all even though it was continuous. So it means that I actually applied to citizenship 14 months before my residency time fulfill 😱.

I hope this helped you.
Thanks for the update but how can they do this? They clearly have mentioned that student RP will be counted as half of time. Are they clearly going against their own rules? If this is the case we must contact Finnish ministries and expose Migri.

manamak

Post by manamak » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm

mani121 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:24 pm
maskara wrote:
Hello everyone,

- There are 4 queues:

I hope this helped you.
Thanks for the update but how can they do this? They clearly have mentioned that student RP will be counted as half of time. Are they clearly going against their own rules? If this is the case we must contact Finnish ministries and expose Migri.
This makes sense. May I ask @maskara how much are these are clearly said by migri and how much are your assumptions? Can you publish the exact answer of migri please?

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 pm

maskara wrote:
Hello everyone,

- There are 4 queues:

I hope this helped you.
I am afraid that is just your assumption. I personally know recent cases where individuals applied on the family ties and recieved their decisions on their citizenship application within two months. So no delay as such on the basis of queues. Moreover, being a student myself I have seen my friends getting citizenship based on the time period calculation that included their B permit residency time. I would like to know your source of information when you say "according to them, they rarely (I mean very rarely) take student RP time under consideration". Their official website and my experience says otherwise.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:35 pm

SMUN wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 pm
maskara wrote:
Hello everyone,

- There are 4 queues:

I hope this helped you.
I am afraid that is just your assumption. I personally know recent cases where individuals applied on the family ties and recieved their decisions on their citizenship application within two months. So no delay as such on the basis of queues. Moreover, being a student myself I have seen my friends getting citizenship based on the time period calculation that included their B permit residency time. I would like to know your source of information when you say "according to them, they rarely (I mean very rarely) take student RP time under consideration". Their official website and my experience says otherwise.
Hi, I wish it was my assumption but it is not. I have prepared a very formal letter and sent them. So an Ylitarkastaja contacted me according to my case and we have got the discussion based on that. She explained to me all those including the reason my application is not in processing yet. When it comes to RP, it must say in the RP family ties, or work etc. I didn’t say a time frame about their application, i just said it takes longer due to high number of application from that group. I cant say anything about individual cases.
manamak wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm
[quote=mani121 post_id=594681 time=<a href="tel:1618395891">1618395891</a> user_id=87625]
[quote=maskara post_id=594680 time=<a href="tel:1618395238">1618395238</a> user_id=87241]
Hello everyone,

- There are 4 queues:

I hope this helped you.
[/quote]

This makes sense. May I ask @maskara how much are these are clearly said by migri and how much are your assumptions? Can you publish the exact answer of migri please?
[/quote]

I cannot publish exact emails as it may reveal my identity.
mani121 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:24 pm
[quote=maskara post_id=594680 time=<a href="tel:1618395238">1618395238</a> user_id=87241]
Hello everyone,

- There are 4 queues:

I hope this helped you.
[/quote]

As they said, it is rarely taken under consideration. You can see many applicant here referred same. But ofc they might take for some people. they didn’t take mine.