Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
betelgeuse

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:09 pm

maskara wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:13 pm
Another factor is, again according to them, they rarely (I mean very rarely) take student RP time under consideration. It’s basically A permit which you need to have for 4-5 years. Also, very important point, YOUR RESIDENCY IS CALCULATED FROM THE FIRST DAY YOU REGISTER YOUR ADDRESS. NOT THE DAY YOUR RP STARTS. You can go to suomi.fi to see when you registered your address in Finland.

My situation is that my address registration started in May, that’s why I will get decision in May. They have not counted my student RP at all even though it was continuous. So it means that I actually applied to citizenship 14 months before my residency time fulfill 😱.
I doubt this as how the student RP is taken into account is written clearly in legislation.

"Jos hakija on ennen jatkuvan oleskeluluvan myöntämistä oleskellut Suomessa tilapäisellä oleskeluluvalla, puolet tilapäisellä oleskeluluvalla oleskellusta ajasta otetaan 14 §:n 1 momentin 2 kohdan estämättä huomioon yhtäjaksoista asumisaikaa laskettaessa. Edellytyksenä on, että hakija on oleskellut Suomessa jatkuvalla oleskeluluvalla vähintään vuoden välittömästi ennen hakemuksen ratkaisemista."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0359#L3P15

If one has faulty population records (later dates than actual), one can ask DVV to retroactively correct the records.

https://www.suomi.fi/palvelut/vaestotie ... 2b4d2d7e78

Though there are rules for how much to the past they are willing to go, for example. There's also the interplay with GDPR.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

SMUN

Post by SMUN » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:54 pm

This is what the policy says:

"If you had a temporary residence permit (a B permit) before you got a continuous residence permit, a half of the time you lived in Finland with a temporary residence permit is included in your period of residence. In such a case, you need to have had a continuous residence permit (an A permit) for at least one year immediately before the Finnish Immigration Service makes a decision on your citizenship application. The time you have lived in Finland with a temporary residence permit (the B permit) can only be included in your continuous period of residence." Source: https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence

And this has been the practice so far and these citizenship threads on this platform alone have tons of examples verifying the same.
I am not sure what was the ylitarkistaja high on when he/she discussed that with you. Laws have universal application, it is not possible that they apply it on one case and refuse to apply it on your case. They can clearly be taken to court if you have a written reply of the sort you claim to have which I highly and humbly doubt based upon the numerous similar claims you've made earlier.

Copy-pasting some of your similar claims below that I could quickly come up with a cursory search.

"maskara wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:52 pm
I have got an info today but I cannot say if it’s true or false. So don’t blame me.

According to that info, Migri has 4 queues for citizenship applications:

1- Russians
2- Middle East, Africa (Turkey, Azerbaijan and Iran included here)
3- Asia
4- EU and USA

Fastest queue is Russian, slowest Middle East-Africa. And processing time checker and kamu is symbolic (mandatory for Migri according to law).

and this:
maskara wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:56 pm
"The thing is that, when I contacted migri several times, they made it clear that there are 2 queues only. 1 basically for refugees and asylum seekers and other for the rest of the applicants. And also stage 1 (waiting for processing) means nobody has touched your application since you proved your identity. This is also something that migri told me."

Mrpotatis

Post by Mrpotatis » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:07 pm

maskara wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently got a mail from migri which explains my situation as well as queue system. So:

- There are 4 queues:
1- People with permanent RP
2- People with work based RP
3- People with family based RP
4- Others ( Refugees, Asylum seekers, people with no passport etc.)

How it works is; every first week of a month, they take certain amount of applications from those 4 queues. So if you are from group 1 (permanent RP) and there are less people in that group, your application will be quicker than others as there will be more people from other group. Currently highest application come from family RP group so their application takes longer.

Another factor is, again according to them, they rarely (I mean very rarely) take student RP time under consideration. It’s basically A permit which you need to have for 4-5 years. Also, very important point, YOUR RESIDENCY IS CALCULATED FROM THE FIRST DAY YOU REGISTER YOUR ADDRESS. NOT THE DAY YOUR RP STARTS. You can go to suomi.fi to see when you registered your address in Finland.

My situation is that my address registration started in May, that’s why I will get decision in May. They have not counted my student RP at all even though it was continuous. So it means that I actually applied to citizenship 14 months before my residency time fulfill 😱.

I hope this helped you.
Interesting message you got. I have no reason to doubt you but day by day it seems that there's no way to get confirmed information without contradictions overall from here and there.

I called migri one day on their specific-case lines (citizenship line) and the guy confirmed to me that student time can count as half, that's in case there was no residency interruption in that student RP period. So it may not count that's if there's Interruption. If not then it should count.
And about the line system I also have one more reason to get confused because again I know a couple of guys with refugee statuses that were clearly (like so clearly based on how fast their queue numbers are moving) placed in different lines, and it makes sense based on their situations (identity establishment and the way they came to Finland). Not to mention that some people had their statuses in finland changing few times... Which raises the question, on which line would they be in? They cant be in all lines!

Let's just hope we all get this matter sorted out ASAP once and forever ♥️

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

SMUN wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:54 pm
This is what the policy says:

"If you had a temporary residence permit (a B permit) before you got a continuous residence permit, a half of the time you lived in Finland with a temporary residence permit is included in your period of residence. In such a case, you need to have had a continuous residence permit (an A permit) for at least one year immediately before the Finnish Immigration Service makes a decision on your citizenship application. The time you have lived in Finland with a temporary residence permit (the B permit) can only be included in your continuous period of residence." Source: https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence

And this has been the practice so far and these citizenship threads on this platform alone have tons of examples verifying the same.
I am not sure what was the ylitarkistaja high on when he/she discussed that with you. Laws have universal application, it is not possible that they apply it on one case and refuse to apply it on your case. They can clearly be taken to court if you have a written reply of the sort you claim to have which I highly and humbly doubt based upon the numerous similar claims you've made earlier.

Copy-pasting some of your similar claims below that I could quickly come up with a cursory search.

"maskara wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:52 pm
I have got an info today but I cannot say if it’s true or false. So don’t blame me.

According to that info, Migri has 4 queues for citizenship applications:

1- Russians
2- Middle East, Africa (Turkey, Azerbaijan and Iran included here)
3- Asia
4- EU and USA

Fastest queue is Russian, slowest Middle East-Africa. And processing time checker and kamu is symbolic (mandatory for Migri according to law).

and this:
maskara wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:56 pm
"The thing is that, when I contacted migri several times, they made it clear that there are 2 queues only. 1 basically for refugees and asylum seekers and other for the rest of the applicants. And also stage 1 (waiting for processing) means nobody has touched your application since you proved your identity. This is also something that migri told me."
I am sending emails to Migri almost every week, seeking the queue system and so on. So far this is the most concrete answer I got from them, officially. If you see my previous messages, I say it may or may not be true. Those were based on assumption. And I have no reason to lie or misinform people here as I am also one of the applicants. So, simply I don’t care if you believe or not, you may seek your own truth and try to contact migri and dig out.

For student RP, not everyone gets A permit immediately after their B permit. Apparently, interruption rules don’t apply from B permit to A.

Again I say, I don’t care if anyone believe it or not. I’m saying what I got as an answer after long , unpleasant discussion about my case.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:20 pm

Mrpotatis wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:07 pm
maskara wrote:
Hello everyone,

I recently got a mail from migri which explains my situation as well as queue system. So:

- There are 4 queues:
1- People with permanent RP
2- People with work based RP
3- People with family based RP
4- Others ( Refugees, Asylum seekers, people with no passport etc.)

How it works is; every first week of a month, they take certain amount of applications from those 4 queues. So if you are from group 1 (permanent RP) and there are less people in that group, your application will be quicker than others as there will be more people from other group. Currently highest application come from family RP group so their application takes longer.

I hope this helped you.
Interesting message you got. I have no reason to doubt you but day by day it seems that there's no way to get confirmed information without contradictions overall from here and there.

I called migri one day on their specific-case lines (citizenship line) and the guy confirmed to me that student time can count as half, that's in case there was no residency interruption in that student RP period. So it may not count that's if there's Interruption. If not then it should count.
And about the line system I also have one more reason to get confused because again I know a couple of guys with refugee statuses that were clearly (like so clearly based on how fast their queue numbers are moving) placed in different lines, and it makes sense based on their situations (identity establishment and the way they came to Finland). Not to mention that some people had their statuses in finland changing few times... Which raises the question, on which line would they be in? They cant be in all lines!

Let's just hope we all get this matter sorted out ASAP once and forever ♥️
I don’t think that Migri updates your queue group based on your situation changes. They most likely take the situation the day you apply and put you in that queue.

But as in this forum, majority don’t like to hear the reality that hurts them, can’t say more. Because some people somehow aggressive, they can’t speak Migri but they rather choose to attack people here who gives some infos.

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:09 pm

If one has faulty population records (later dates than actual), one can ask DVV to retroactively correct the records.

Though there are rules for how much to the past they are willing to go, for example. There's also the interplay with GDPR.
If they refuse to correct then what can be done? My spouse made an application along with our child at the same time to register at dvv and for 4 months they kept saying it's in the queue waiting to processed while they processed our child's registration around a month after application. Then finally 4 months later they said they can't find the application and asked my spouse to apply again and this time they did the registration immediately but at the current date of 2nd application. After repeated request of corretiing the date of registration they asked him to make an appointment and bring proof he was in Finland all those times. He showed up at the appointment with the proofs but they still refused to correct and said nothing can be done.

Based on suomi fi link on your post, they are obliged to correct. So do you have any advice what to do? Thanks.

maskara

Post by maskara » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
maskara wrote:

I doubt this as how the student RP is taken into account is written clearly in legislation.

"Jos hakija on ennen jatkuvan oleskeluluvan myöntämistä oleskellut Suomessa tilapäisellä oleskeluluvalla, puolet tilapäisellä oleskeluluvalla oleskellusta ajasta otetaan 14 §:n 1 momentin 2 kohdan estämättä huomioon yhtäjaksoista asumisaikaa laskettaessa. Edellytyksenä on, että hakija on oleskellut Suomessa jatkuvalla oleskeluluvalla vähintään vuoden välittömästi ennen hakemuksen ratkaisemista."

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0359#L3P15

I checked DVV but it’s mentioned that if the case is longer than 4 years, they don’t do anything. So they won’t correct if it’s over 4 years. Even if it’s less than 4 years, I better wait than getting involved Finnish bureaucracy which is a nightmare.

Momomamo

Post by Momomamo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:51 pm

Any person who is waiting 19 months or more and hasn't gotten a decision yet?
Or any person who applied on 2019 and got the response recently?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:36 pm

Maaria wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:25 pm
betelgeuse wrote:

If they refuse to correct then what can be done? My spouse made an application along with our child at the same time to register at dvv and for 4 months they kept saying it's in the queue waiting to processed while they processed our child's registration around a month after application. Then finally 4 months later they said they can't find the application and asked my spouse to apply again and this time they did the registration immediately but at the current date of 2nd application. After repeated request of corretiing the date of registration they asked him to make an appointment and bring proof he was in Finland all those times. He showed up at the appointment with the proofs but they still refused to correct and said nothing can be done.

Based on suomi fi link on your post, they are obliged to correct. So do you have any advice what to do? Thanks.
They are required to give you a written decision with appeal instructions. You can then appeal.

” Jos rekisterinpitäjä kieltäytyy korjaamasta väestötietojärjestelmään talletettua tietoa, jota rekisteröity on vaatinut korjattavaksi, on rekisterinpitäjän annettava asiassa päätös.”

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0661#L7P76

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm

maskara wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 pm
I checked DVV but it’s mentioned that if the case is longer than 4 years, they don’t do anything. So they won’t correct if it’s over 4 years. Even if it’s less than 4 years, I better wait than getting involved Finnish bureaucracy which is a nightmare.
I referenced GDPR because I was wondering if GDPR forces the four year limit to be ignored (supremacy of EU law).

Alexithymia_again

Post by Alexithymia_again » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:56 am

Momomamo wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:51 pm
Any person who is waiting 19 months or more and hasn't gotten a decision yet?
Or any person who applied on 2019 and got the response recently?
It’s been 18 months, 19th is ongoing. I asked and got the same reply with the “currently overloaded with applications etc etc... and that decision time is 5-19 months. Proved ID in Oct 2019.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 am

maskara wrote:

For how long were you registered as student in Finland?

The Migri website says that time on B permit is not counted for the 4 years based on strong ties.

maskara

Post by maskara » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 am
maskara wrote:

The Migri website says that time on B permit is not counted for the 4 years based on strong ties.

16 months as B permit , 3 years 11 months as A.

where does it say that it doesn’t count for based on strong ties? can u send a link pls.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:14 am

maskara wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:19 am
maskara wrote:

16 months as B permit , 3 years 11 months as A.
That's less than 4 years on A, and with B counted half that's 4 years 7 months which is less than 5 years.
maskara wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 am
where does it say that it doesn’t count for based on strong ties? can u send a link pls.
https://migri.fi/en/period-of-residence

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:24 pm

@FinlandGirl, it doesn't say that B permit prior to A permit is not counted