Living in Kirkkonumi

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ozil-madrid

Living in Kirkkonumi

Post by ozil-madrid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 am

Hi Guys,

I am renting in Espoo and I think it's time to stop wasting rent money and buy a place. Looking at the prices, i think espoo is becoming ridiculous, old homes all from 60's 70's almost at 320 K, and looking at kirkkonumi looks like there are more descent prices there around 230-250K.

Would like to hear thoughts on living in that area and the good/challenges there ?

The more info the better, thanks!

Living in Kirkkonumi

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Living in Kirkkonumi

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:47 am

ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 am
I am renting in Espoo and I think it's time to stop wasting rent money and buy a place. Looking at the prices, i think espoo is becoming ridiculous, old homes all from 60's 70's almost at 320 K, and looking at kirkkonumi looks like there are more descent prices there around 230-250K.

Would like to hear thoughts on living in that area and the good/challenges there ?
Where are you working?
What places do you visit in your spare time?
With higher prices in Espoo you are paying for shorter distance and better transport connections to central Helsinki.

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am

Just adding more info as i forgot, i have a kid in paivakoti now in espoo, what happens btw if i move to kirkkonumi and want him to attend english school in espoo, is that allowed or you have to be part of espoo to allow kids to go to school in espoo region ?

Also what about healthcare, instead of using espoo's dentist/healthcentre, will i have to use kirkkonumi ? If yes, how is the quality there compared to espoo considering also im a foreigner ?

Thank!

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 am

I think with a car you can get to helsinki quite fine when needed and same to espoo. So main concern i guess is schools for kids/healthcare and ability to sell later or perhaps if needed.
FinlandGirl wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:47 am
ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 am

Where are you working?
What places do you visit in your spare time?
With higher prices in Espoo you are paying for shorter distance and better transport connections to central Helsinki.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:08 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am

Also what about healthcare, instead of using espoo's dentist/healthcentre, will i have to use kirkkonumi ? If yes, how is the quality there compared to espoo considering also im a foreigner ?
No, you can elect to continue in Espoo.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:09 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 am
I think with a car you can get to helsinki quite fine when needed and same to espoo.
That's how Finnish families live when they can afford it - a nice house in the middle of nowhere and both spouses have an own car.
ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 am
and ability to sell later or perhaps if needed.
Kirkkonummi is close enough to Helsinki that you will likely find a buyer.

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm

I actually went today for my first time to see it, felt very strange as it feels big space with little buildings, not much foreigners at all and very very quiet, not sure how that feels on long run if one lives there. Any body can share their experience please ?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:01 am

ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm
I actually went today for my first time to see it, felt very strange as it feels big space with little buildings, not much foreigners at all and very very quiet, not sure how that feels on long run if one lives there. Any body can share their experience please ?
What do you expect when you move from a big city to a rural smaller city?

riku2

Post by riku2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:42 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:55 pm
I live in Nurmijarvi which is probably more rural than Kirkonummi. It's wonderfully quiet and there are about 8 houses within 1km of my house. Health care and other services are fine and I get service in English from them without trouble. I go to the centre of Helsinki about once a year so could not care less about the distance to Helsinki city centre. I cannot remember hearing anyone speak English in the local supermarkets - which is a definite plus point. Sometimes when I go cycling on a sunday morning I can cycle on the roads for 45 mins before I see a single car go past - and this is surfaced roads, not forest tracks.