Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
zoeker2

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by zoeker2 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:32 am

Mrpotatis wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:14 pm
alexilaiho wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 pm
There is no A and B or Σ. the main factor affecting your application is your origin. profiling is legitimate and completely legal. not to throw stones. but well. if you are from shady country. then expect yourself to wait.
Bro/sis, I am sure it's in everyone's favour to keep our information real and based on trustworthy sources.
Migri surely has at least 2 lines, that's what they say, their website says, and that's also what we can observe. So yes there's A and B line.
One is for those who didn't come with passport and/or RP and the other line is for those who came with passport and RP. One has estimation of 6-13 months and another has estimation of 18-20 months.
Regardless of your line, applications aren't processed by queue number only and other factors may play role such as how well identified are you (and here where the country list plays some role), and some other factors perhaps

I think everyone is frustrated and stressed enough, with all respect, random rumours especially that if it contradicts other legit information will probably not make things any better
It wouldn't hurt if they're more open about the process indeed. But as long as they're meeting the deadlines we can complain about this and that but in the end we just have to wait. Unless of course, someone can prove mishandling in which case I encourage them to go to court.

One funny observation: on Friday my application was 5404 in queue, then yesterday it was 5413 and now it's 5425. I don't want to overthink as to why this is.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ShadowEn

Post by ShadowEn » Tue May 25, 2021 8:44 am

zoeker2 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:32 am
Mrpotatis wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:14 pm
alexilaiho wrote:
There is no A and B or Σ. the main factor affecting your application is your origin. profiling is legitimate and completely legal. not to throw stones. but well. if you are from shady country. then expect yourself to wait.
Bro/sis, I am sure it's in everyone's favour to keep our information real and based on trustworthy sources.
Migri surely has at least 2 lines, that's what they say, their website says, and that's also what we can observe. So yes there's A and B line.
One is for those who didn't come with passport and/or RP and the other line is for those who came with passport and RP. One has estimation of 6-13 months and another has estimation of 18-20 months.
Regardless of your line, applications aren't processed by queue number only and other factors may play role such as how well identified are you (and here where the country list plays some role), and some other factors perhaps

I think everyone is frustrated and stressed enough, with all respect, random rumours especially that if it contradicts other legit information will probably not make things any better
It wouldn't hurt if they're more open about the process indeed. But as long as they're meeting the deadlines we can complain about this and that but in the end we just have to wait. Unless of course, someone can prove mishandling in which case I encourage them to go to court.

One funny observation: on Friday my application was 5404 in queue, then yesterday it was 5413 and now it's 5425. I don't want to overthink as to why this is.

I fretted when the same thing happened to me. Then I noticed that while migri states that processing does not start until you have proved your identity, the place in queue depends on when you submitted an application if it is done via enter Finland. Source: https://migri.fi/en/-/do-you-need-to-vi ... nths-ahead (Check under the many reasons to submit via enter Finland heading. Its under the second bullet point, I think?)

I received my scores about a day after most people, and submitted my application the day before my appointment, so I kept moving backwards in the queue for about a month!

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:00 am

I think, it should move forward not backwards. What's the reason??

postit55

Post by postit55 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 am

I've been reading this post to get an idea of the processing times, but I've not signed up for an account before today. I waned to share my experience.

- Applied 06/12/2020
- Appointment in Helsinki 07/12/2020
- Decision 24/05/2021

I last checked the queue at about 16.00 on 24/05/2021, and was in position 2796, I guess it went to stage 2 some time after that and I got a decision around 23.00 the same evening. No requests for further information at all.

5 months 17 days.

I'm an EU citizen, have been working continuously since I arrived here almost 7 years ago. I didn't submit nor was I asked for any additional information since the application (not even salary slips).

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:22 pm

alexilaiho wrote:
As a person who submit on customer behalf tens of application weekly, you are awfully mistaken. Only the few listed countries with bad registery system are "profiled against", because its a legal requirement that the identity is proven beyond doubt. I have seen palestenians, afghanis, Iraqis and jeminis get citizenship in less than 5 months processing. So you are obviously wrong.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Tue May 25, 2021 1:34 pm

petbek-125 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:22 pm
alexilaiho wrote:
As a person who submit on customer behalf tens of application weekly, you are awfully mistaken. Only the few listed countries with bad registery system are "profiled against", because its a legal requirement that the identity is proven beyond doubt. I have seen palestenians, afghanis, Iraqis and jeminis get citizenship in less than 5 months processing. So you are obviously wrong.
You are also looking for a hope obviously 🙄
Everything is has listed on Migri website I wish you read it.if you don’t understand read it again.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:01 pm

gosh Mr know-it-all Mamu, if you already know everything then just go somewhere else and wait for your result and let us idiots talk to others :lol:

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Tue May 25, 2021 3:44 pm

petbek-125 wrote:
alexilaiho wrote:
But Afghanistan and Iraq are on “the list” so they should have long processing time. The Afghanis and Iraqis you have seen getting citizenship in less than 5 months, what have they done specially?

Mrpotatis

Post by Mrpotatis » Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 am

postit55 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 am
I've been reading this post to get an idea of the processing times, but I've not signed up for an account before today. I waned to share my experience.

- Applied 06/12/2020
- Appointment in Helsinki 07/12/2020
- Decision 24/05/2021

I last checked the queue at about 16.00 on 24/05/2021, and was in position 2796, I guess it went to stage 2 some time after that and I got a decision around 23.00 the same evening. No requests for further information at all.

5 months 17 days.

I'm an EU citizen, have been working continuously since I arrived here almost 7 years ago. I didn't submit nor was I asked for any additional information since the application (not even salary slips).
Congrats on the decision. Did you really receive the decision notification at 23 ??? Sounds weird migri works that late xD

petbek-125

Post by petbek-125 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:38 pm

ddddd wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:44 pm
petbek-125 wrote:
alexilaiho wrote:
But Afghanistan and Iraq are on “the list” so they should have long processing time. The Afghanis and Iraqis you have seen getting citizenship in less than 5 months, what have they done specially?
Absolutely nothing! I should know, because I am the one that files their applications for them.
Just because the country is on the list doesnt automatically mean long processing time either, it just makes it probable. It has to do with the employee and the info on Siru-system. Previous contradicting birthdates or names or just a silly employee would cause further investigation.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:52 pm

What's meaning of siru-system?

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Wed May 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Edward35 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 2:52 pm
What's meaning of siru-system?
is an earthenware steamer used to steam grain or grain flour dishes such as tteok (rice cakes). :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Wed May 26, 2021 10:38 pm

About palkkatodistus, I'm starting to understand that this is different from payslips. Where do you get this one from? Or is attaching payslips enough? On the migri website, it says payslips but in the application form, it says palkkatodistus.

And should you pick the "En ole asunut riittävän kauan Suomessa ja vetoan poikkeamisperusteeseen (valitse soveltuva poikkeamisperuste alla olevista)" if you're applying after four years with a job plus yki-test?

manamak

Post by manamak » Thu May 27, 2021 12:21 pm

I checked from Safari the study info and finally I could see that. It is a pity that it does not work from chrome and Samsung mobile browser. But anyway my data has been accessed once and the date matches the day I visited migri to submit my application. Can people who have received an answer confirm if their data has been access two times? Once in the first migri appointment and the second before receiving results?

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Thu May 27, 2021 12:49 pm

manamak wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:21 pm
I checked from Safari the study info and finally I could see that. It is a pity that it does not work from chrome and Samsung mobile browser. But anyway my data has been accessed once and the date matches the day I visited migri to submit my application. Can people who have received an answer confirm if their data has been access two times? Once in the first migri appointment and the second before receiving results?
They looked at mine : 25.05.2021 identify verified.

Annetut käyttöluvat
Tietojani käyttäneet toimijat
Tietojen käyttäjä**
+Opetushallitus.
+Helsingin seudun liikenne -kuntayhtymä
-Maahanmuuttovirasto