Residence calculation for citizenship (RP appeal case)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Xzero

Post by Xzero » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:35 pm

Dear fellows,

I was on A permit, then applied extension which was unfortunately declined. I had applied for citizenship as well while waiting for this residence permit. I appealed in the Administrative Court for negative RP. The court customer service kept on giving me different dates, 10months, then 12 months, then 13 months and then finally after 14 months they decided this week.

Since it was taking so much time, I applied for new permit last month, in the 13th month after the appeal, I got 4 year A starting June 2021 in last week of June.

Now a week after that, the court decided that since I have been granted a new A thus my grounds of appeal have lapsed without looking at the merits of the case whereas the court also stopped deportation.

During the Waiting for the residence permit, I had applied for citizenship also. It is in the second stage at the moment.

Now I am wondering will migri count these 28 months while counting my residence duration or not? I have not stepped out of Finland during these 28 months RP & Appeal process. I have been working all these 28 months and my earnings were more than what migri requires annually.

If migri does not count these 28 months of RP & Appeal duration, then I need to challenge the decision within 30 days. If it counts, and I get positive citizenship decision then a happy ending otherwise another long year of legal correspondence.

What are your opinions and experiences about counting residence duration in similar cases/instances? What do you suggest?

(Another twist: The person handling my citizenship application is on summer vacations till Mid August.) In the migri cul-de-sac ☹Suggestions wanted plz.

Best Regards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic