Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Zokkii

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by Zokkii » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:53 pm

mani121 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:11 am
Hi, One of the countries from Migri's list.
What means one of the countries from migri's list?
Where I can see that list ? Link please

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Champs

Post by Champs » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Migri has removed this list from its website. Migri has mentoned few countries in which NIGERIA, PAKISTAN, GHANA, SUDAN, IRAQ, KONGO and may be few other countries have been not considered as reliable in terms of identity which require additonal investigation. Pakistan embassy from Sweden has took initiative and ask them what they want as identity verification than migri has simply removed that list. Applicants from such countries has to wait as long as asylum seekers and other people who enter Finland without gaining RP in advance. Practically this thing was unfair towards those applicants who came to Finland on geniune grounds and than obtain further permits as extended and some even got PR. But after removal of this list migri still practicing same thing at back end and customers are suffering for such long processing.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:36 pm

enitan2002 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:47 am
Hello

I have been living in Finland for past 7 years. B permit from 2014 - 2018 and A permit from 2018 till now. During B permit I was away for Internship for 3 months. Does someone have any experience in this calculation of residence time ? I would like to know does this 3 months interrupt my B permit and would they count it as period of residence if I apply for citizenship? Right now I have 3 years 8 months B + 3 years 3 months A = 5 Years 2 months residence time. I also have a permanent job and Finns kids which can make mine 4 years as well as strong ties.

Any one who has experience would be helpful.
Your time away on Study exchange doesn't affect your residency calculation. I also was away for about 4 months, and that was documented in my travel history I uploaded as part of my application documents
Thank you enitan2002 for your reply. I already mentioned in the application that those 3 months I was away was due to internship. I heard people saying that their B permit went to waste because they were away for 2 months that makes me scared. I hope that is not true.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:03 am

Hello

I don’t have queue number I applied 30.06.2021. When I put my dairy number I get following message since the first day I visited the migri

" I'm sorry, I can't give you the place in queue information right now. We are currently fixing a problem in the service, so we could serve you better.
Your application is being processed normally. There is no need to worry.
If you like, you can check the average processing time estimates here:"

is there anyone having the same problem?

mämmirakastaja

Post by mämmirakastaja » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:13 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:03 am
Hello

I don’t have queue number I applied 30.06.2021. When I put my dairy number I get following message since the first day I visited the migri

" I'm sorry, I can't give you the place in queue information right now. We are currently fixing a problem in the service, so we could serve you better.

Hi, I have applied 15.06.2021 and I see the same message. Let’s hang in there :roll:

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:02 pm

mämmirakastaja wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:13 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Hello

Hi, I have applied 15.06.2021 and I see the same message. Let’s hang in there :roll:
Is your application still waiting to process? Mine is still at stage one. I also read somewhere on the migri page that if there are less than 20 application before the user then the queue cannot be shown. But I don't really know why our own does not show though

mämmirakastaja

Post by mämmirakastaja » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:54 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:02 pm
mämmirakastaja wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:13 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Hello

Is your application still waiting to process? Mine is still at stage one. I also read somewhere on the migri page that if there are less than 20 application before the user then the queue cannot be shown. But I don't really know why our own does not show though
Yep still stage 1 as well. I believe there is something wrong with Kamu. Earlier in June there were some problems reported with this service for those who had queue number before (based on this forum). So I guess no fancy chatbot for us for now. I tried messaging Kamu about queue number and it wrote:

Kaikki hakemukset käsitellään erikseen ja jonopaikka muuttuu käsittelyn aikana. Hakemuksia ei aina ratkaista pelkästään jonopaikkajärjestyksessä.

Stone360

Post by Stone360 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 pm

Hello! I’m having same problem. I proved my identity 09.06.2021 till date my queue number isn’t working and I can’t find my place in the queue

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:11 pm

Hey guys

I have a question about residence permit application. I have had 3 years on B after that I got 4 years straight on A and it is expiring in May. I have applied for finnish citizenship but since it takes long and I might have to apply for a permanent residence permit, but since that requires that I have to have 4 years on A to be eligible and I cannot get P residence permit if A is expired. Would it make sense I apply for just A permit in case I do not get my Citizenship decision on time. I am planning to book a time for February in case I do not get my citizenship decision but I dont know which one is wise to book between A or P Residence permit.

Does anyone know anybody who had this situation before? I would appreciate your help.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:24 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:11 pm
Hey guys

I have a question about residence permit application. I have had 3 years on B after that I got 4 years straight on A and it is expiring in May. I have applied for finnish citizenship but since it takes long and I might have to apply for a permanent residence permit, but since that requires that I have to have 4 years on A to be eligible and I cannot get P residence permit if A is expired. Would it make sense I apply for just A permit in case I do not get my Citizenship decision on time. I am planning to book a time for February in case I do not get my citizenship decision but I dont know which one is wise to book between A or P Residence permit.

Does anyone know anybody who had this situation before? I would appreciate your help.
P is cheaper to apply for (but you should apply close to four years coming up). Otherwise doesn’t really make much difference assuming you will get a positive citizenship decision.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:53 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:24 pm
boy30062021 wrote:
Hey guys

P is cheaper to apply for (but you should apply close to four years coming up). Otherwise doesn’t really make much difference assuming you will get a positive citizenship decision.
Thanks for your reply. Maybe you did not get my point, the problem is that I cannot get P before the 4 years run out and also P can be given only when I have A permit valid. So that is kind of funny that they asked that I should have A valid while P is being process and P cannot be given until all 4 years is consumed.

kmr

Post by kmr » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:10 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Hey guys

Is it that your A permit is expiring on May, 2022? If yes then there shouldn't be any issue with applying P or even again A (which is quite fast to get the decision).

If you meant that your A permit already expired on May 2021, and you have not applied for your A permit renewal then you will have an issue with the residency since you were supposed to have a valid residency status while your citizenship application is being processed.

I had similar situation like yours (4 years B + 4 years A) while my citizenship was being processed. My A permit expired on August 20, 2021. But I choosed to apply for A on July 15th rather than applying for P because I did not had the permanent work contract. I received the decision for A permit extension for 1 year (untill the validity of work contract) within a month and also the decision on the citizenship application the same day.

Hope this helps!
Good luck with your application.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:23 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:53 pm

Thanks for your reply. Maybe you did not get my point, the problem is that I cannot get P before the 4 years run out and also P can be given only when I have A permit valid. So that is kind of funny that they asked that I should have A valid while P is being process and P cannot be given until all 4 years is consumed.
You don’t need a valid A. You only need to apply while the A is valid.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:28 am

kmr wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:10 am
boy30062021 wrote:
Hey guys

Is it that your A permit is expiring on May, 2022? If yes then there shouldn't be any issue with applying P or even again A (which is quite fast to get the decision).

If you meant that your A permit already expired on May 2021, and you have not applied for your A permit renewal then you will have an issue with the residency since you were supposed to have a valid residency status while your citizenship application is being processed.

I had similar situation like yours (4 years B + 4 years A) while my citizenship was being processed. My A permit expired on August 20, 2021. But I choosed to apply for A on July 15th rather than applying for P because I did not had the permanent work contract. I received the decision for A permit extension for 1 year (untill the validity of work contract) within a month and also the decision on the citizenship application the same day.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for the information. My A permit will expire in May 2022. I will go for A permit then. How long did your citizenship application take?

kmr

Post by kmr » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:05 am

boy30062021 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:28 am
kmr wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:10 am
boy30062021 wrote:
Hey guys

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for the information. My A permit will expire in May 2022. I will go for A permit then. How long did your citizenship application take?
It took around 7.5 months in total.