Citizenship Application 2021

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
heretostay

Re: Citizenship Application 2021

Post by heretostay » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:04 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:12 pm
How long do applications stay in processing stage? What's the longest amount of time it could stay there?
Can be anything from one hour to one year in stage 2.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:23 pm

Mine has been staying in processing stage for weeks now. I'm guessing if it didn't get decision within a week of moving to second stage then it is likely to be months till I get the decision 😩 Also under my observation, since it moved to processing stage, the queue moves no more than 30 steps per week 🐢

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:00 am

alexilaiho wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 pm
i wonder also, my application just went to in progress.
Hi When did you applied?

alexilaiho

Post by alexilaiho » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:48 am

Mamu wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:00 am
alexilaiho wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 pm
i wonder also, my application just went to in progress.
Hi When did you applied?
beginning of february 2021

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 pm

Crazy stuff! My application was 3400+ this morning but just now it jumped to roughly 2300+. Here’s to hoping I still manage to get a decision this year!

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:41 am

letseatpizza wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 pm
Crazy stuff! My application was 3400+ this morning but just now it jumped to roughly 2300+. Here’s to hoping I still manage to get a decision this year!
Oh that’s odd, i have never seen queue number updated during the day though, at least with my application. Happens always at 3am. Are you sure there’s no typo? What’s the status of the application on enterfinland?

letseatpizza

Post by letseatpizza » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:49 am

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:41 am
letseatpizza wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 pm
Oh that’s odd, i have never seen queue number updated during the day though, at least with my application. Happens always at 3am. Are you sure there’s no typo? What’s the status of the application on enterfinland?
You’re right! I take it back. Must’ve made a typo. When I checked again today it was down like 20 applications so it looks more realistic. And it’s still waiting for processing. Apologies if I gave anyone false hope…

ShadowEn

Post by ShadowEn » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:37 am

enitan2002 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:17 am
I don't understand why some are just so fixated on queue number. It means no sh(/&t in anyway. Don't be surprised someone who just submitted application two months ago and on 5400 queue number will receive faster decision than you who had applied over a year ago and on 1500 queue number.
I suppose it is a combination of things. On its own, the change in your queue number at least gives one the reassurance that your application has not been lost in the system. That is to say, if one didn't have the ability to check queue numbers, one would be far more anxious.

In comparison to other queue numbers, there does appear to be a trend in the data wherein queue numbers in the 2700s range correspond to applications currently being looked by a human. People are asking for queue numbers because they have noticed this. I've also noticed that if your application queue number is below this range, it is likely your case is "more complicated" and has been escalated to a more senior officer, additional interview etc. while others, who presumably have more cut and dry cases, have received a decision.

I would say that the queue number is not meaningless, but it is only one indicator of the processing time of the application. Unfortunately, it is the only definite indicator that we have access to so it is the one we talk about most (alongside the now redacted "country list", which appears to be an even larger indicator). If we could have access to the flags which indicate whether the case is more complicated, or to which employee level/group the application is assigned to, we would discuss those points as well.

I understand this is frustrating for those whose application processing time is not largely dependent on the queue number, but I don't see this changing until Migri becomes more transparent about their process.
Last edited by ShadowEn on Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ktrnc

Post by ktrnc » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:35 pm

ShadowEn wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:37 am
enitan2002 wrote:
I don't understand why some are just so fixated on queue number. It means no sh(/&t in anyway. Don't be surprised someone who just submitted application two months ago and on 5400 queue number will receive faster decision than you who had applied over a year ago and on 1500 queue number.
I suppose it is a combination of things. On its own, the change in your queue number at least gives one the reassurance that your application has not been lost in the system. That is to say, if one didn't have the ability to check queue numbers, one would be far more anxious.

In comparison to other queue numbers, there does appear to be a trend in the data wherein queue numbers in the 2900s range correspond to applications currently being looked by a human. People are asking for queue numbers because they have noticed this. I've also noticed that if your application queue number is below this range, it is likely your case is "more complicated" and has been escalated to a more senior officer, additional interview etc. while others, who presumably have more cut and dry cases, have received a decision.

I would say that the queue number is not meaningless, but it is only one indicator of the processing time of the application. Unfortunately, it is the only definite indicator that we have access to so it is the one we talk about most (alongside the now redacted "country list", which appears to be an even larger indicator). If we could have access to the flags which indicate whether the case is more complicated, or to which employee level/group the application is assigned to, we would discuss those points as well.

I understand this is frustrating for those whose application processing time is not largely dependent on the queue number, but I don't see this changing until Migri becomes more transparent about their process.
This. I am slightly annoyed by people who keep writing that queue number does not indicate anything and we should not be talking about it. Of course we understand that queue number is not the only indicator of when we will get our decision, and that people with higher numbers might get decisions much faster than us. But per migri, the number has a very precise meaning: "the number of people with the application of the same type who have submitted before you and are waiting for decision". This does not mean that they will get decision quicker. But at least being able to see some movement in the queue already gives us some peace of mind as it means that something is at least happening. Not being able to get any information for a year would be much more frustrating.

akuno_hime_1412

Post by akuno_hime_1412 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:28 pm

ShadowEn wrote:
enitan2002 wrote:

In comparison to other queue numbers, there does appear to be a trend in the data wherein queue numbers in the 2700s range correspond to applications currently being looked by a human. People are asking for queue numbers because they have noticed this. I've also noticed that if your application queue number is below this range, it is likely your case is "more complicated" and has been escalated to a more senior officer, additional interview etc. while others, who presumably have more cut and dry cases, have received a decision.

Exactly, pretty well written!

Anyway is there anyone who has recently gotten a decision and what your the queue number right before that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if diary number is in this format: XXXX/YYY/ZZZZ
could this be the case?
  • XXXX: some numbers based on a combination of when one apply & verify identity. So if you applied in January it's likely under 1000 but if it's a freshly sent application (Nov-Dec) then it's more or less in the 10000-12000 range (?)
  • YYY: type of application - citizenship application - 3Y0(?)
  • ZZZZ: year of application, so 2020 or 2021 depending on your application.
Above is just my educated guess :D feel free to chip in any knowledge or disprove if you want.

I've been changing this XXXX number to see how other applications before/after me moves in the queue, must say that some has moved at more or less the same pace but also different.

Not any meaningful information per se but I've got way too much time on hand :roll:

Mrpotatis

Post by Mrpotatis » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:55 pm

akuno_hime_1412 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:28 pm
ShadowEn wrote:
enitan2002 wrote:

Exactly, pretty well written!

Anyway is there anyone who has recently gotten a decision and what your the queue number right before that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if diary number is in this format: XXXX/YYY/ZZZZ
could this be the case?
  • XXXX: some numbers based on a combination of when one apply & verify identity. So if you applied in January it's likely under 1000 but if it's a freshly sent application (Nov-Dec) then it's more or less in the 10000-12000 range (?)
  • YYY: type of application - citizenship application - 3Y0(?)
  • ZZZZ: year of application, so 2020 or 2021 depending on your application.
Above is just my educated guess :D feel free to chip in any knowledge or disprove if you want.

I've been changing this XXXX number to see how other applications before/after me moves in the queue, must say that some has moved at more or less the same pace but also different.

Not any meaningful information per se but I've got way too much time on hand :roll:

Haha yes those are right ! It's like the only way to know what the queue number tells and compare your number to others, or figure out if applications shortly before you or after you has been processed already....
I don't blame you. Because without much transparency about the procedure, a person needs to find some other ways to get even the smallest information. It's shame some of us has to do that to get some information that are unclear in the first place even!

Ombu199

Post by Ombu199 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Esu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:54 am
Ombu199 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:56 am
For those interested in reaching ombudsman, how about if we do it collectively all together? I'm well prepared for it and did my research and read the law. Nothing against migri's workers personally but the process we are going through is unacceptable.
Someone said it here before that most will be scared and don't want to mess up their situation. But the law is on our side remember! And it will keep going and may even go worse unless we do something. Together we can change it :)
I'm keeping it short even though have a lot to say about the stuff I researched and the laws I found. I will be talking to lawyer about it soon even but I would like to see who is interested first! (We can move this ombudsman thing to private chat or another thread if there's enough interest)

Also remember, one person may be able to do something, but more will surely result faster and more powerful complaint in order to see the change we would love to see as future citizens of Finland
Nice! I’ve contacted them already, and I’m waiting for their reply. But we can also come together as you suggested.
Have you received any updates regarding the case ?

PasilanKaveri

Post by PasilanKaveri » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Vahid8080 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:59 pm
ktrnc wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 pm
Do you mean suojelupoliisi? If so, I have been. I don't know about your specific case and probably shouldn't share many details, but I can just say that there is nothing to worry or overthink about, it's a normal procedure. Just be prepared to talk to them in Finnish.
True, I have heard that they choose people randomly and they will ask general questions.
They don't do it just randomly. They choose people with particular background: a) asylum seekers/people from "particular countries", b) people with political activism background, usually opposition figures in some of those "particular countries" or any other and/or in Finland.

ktrnc

Post by ktrnc » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:46 am

PasilanKaveri wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:28 pm
Vahid8080 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:59 pm
ktrnc wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 pm
Do you mean suojelupoliisi? If so, I have been. I don't know about your specific case and probably shouldn't share many details, but I can just say that there is nothing to worry or overthink about, it's a normal procedure. Just be prepared to talk to them in Finnish.
True, I have heard that they choose people randomly and they will ask general questions.
They don't do it just randomly. They choose people with particular background: a) asylum seekers/people from "particular countries", b) people with political activism background, usually opposition figures in some of those "particular countries" or any other and/or in Finland.
Not necessarily. As a person who was interviewed I can say that that you don't necessarily have to be "interesting" in a bad way and there is no reason to think that you were "flagged" or they suspect you of something. It can be as simple as you coming from some less represented country, or having education in a non-common field. So there is absolutely no reason to worry. Just wanna reiterate this, because when I was called I was searching for any info online and couldn't find any, so I was freaking out, but there was really no reason to.

poromiess

Post by poromiess » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:48 pm

poromiess wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:44 pm
Anyone else stuck in stage 2 for 6 months??? Is this normal? I looked through the thread and haven’t seen much to support that this is common.
Is now December and still stuck in stage 2 since March with no communication from Migri. I have not found history of stage 2 lasting so long before.