The employees pension act contribution in Tax Card

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
helloespoo

Post by helloespoo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:15 pm

I see this 'The employees pension act contribution' in my salary slip. So now I am in the process of ordering a new Tax card for 2022. I have a question can I get some tax benefit for this amount paid for employees pension. If yes, then where should I apply it in vero? Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: The employees pension act contribution in Tax Card

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 pm

helloespoo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:15 pm
I see this 'The employees pension act contribution' in my salary slip. So now I am in the process of ordering a new Tax card for 2022. I have a question can I get some tax benefit for this amount paid for employees pension.
Employees pension contribution and unemployment insurance contribution are 8,65% that are automatically added to your tax rate, there is no tax benefit for something that is basically part of of the taxes.

helloespoo

Post by helloespoo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:34 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 pm
helloespoo wrote:
I see this 'The employees pension act contribution' in my salary slip. So now I am in the process of ordering a new Tax card for 2022. I have a question can I get some tax benefit for this amount paid for employees pension.
Employees pension contribution and unemployment insurance contribution are 8,65% that are automatically added to your tax rate, there is no tax benefit for something that is basically part of of the taxes.
Thanks a lot for your reply FInlandGirl. Just a followup question. I could see two options here in the omavero site - 'Pension insurance contributions' and 'Contributions for collective pension insurance'. What can be filled here?

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:01 am

helloespoo wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:34 am
FinlandGirl wrote:
helloespoo wrote:
Thanks a lot for your reply FInlandGirl. Just a followup question. I could see two options here in the omavero site - 'Pension insurance contributions' and 'Contributions for collective pension insurance'. What can be filled here?
See viewtopic.php?t=89918

In general, for most of the employed taxpayers, it's enough to enter your estimated annual salary and whatever additional deductions you know you'll be making (e.g. commuting expenses, if exceeding 750€), everything else will be automatically calculated. If you don't understand some terminology, there's plenty of information available on vero.fi .

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 am

helloespoo wrote:
FinlandGirl wrote:
helloespoo wrote:
Thanks a lot for your reply FInlandGirl. Just a followup question. I could see two options here in the omavero site - 'Pension insurance contributions'
omavero wrote: Contributions for voluntary pension insurance or long-term savings contract
Do you pay voluntary pension insurance contributions or long-term savings contract contributions?
Have you made a contract for additional voluntary pension with a private pension provider?
helloespoo wrote:
and 'Contributions for collective pension insurance'. What can be filled here?
omavero wrote: Contributions for collective pension insurance
Have you paid contributions for collective pension insurance? Collective pension insurance is a pension insurance taken by the employer, where the employee can pay a portion of the insurance contributions.
Have you made an agreement for additional voluntary pension through your employer?

helloespoo

Post by helloespoo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:16 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:01 am
helloespoo wrote:
FinlandGirl wrote:

See viewtopic.php?t=89918

In general, for most of the employed taxpayers, it's enough to enter your estimated annual salary and whatever additional deductions you know you'll be making (e.g. commuting expenses, if exceeding 750€), everything else will be automatically calculated. If you don't understand some terminology, there's plenty of information available on vero.fi .
Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. The linked thread helped a lot.

helloespoo

Post by helloespoo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:18 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 am
helloespoo wrote:
FinlandGirl wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply FInlandGirl. Just a followup question. I could see two options here in the omavero site - 'Pension insurance contributions'
omavero wrote: Contributions for voluntary pension insurance or long-term savings contract
Do you pay voluntary pension insurance contributions or long-term savings contract contributions?
Have you made a contract for additional voluntary pension with a private pension provider?
helloespoo wrote:
and 'Contributions for collective pension insurance'. What can be filled here?
omavero wrote: Contributions for collective pension insurance
Have you paid contributions for collective pension insurance? Collective pension insurance is a pension insurance taken by the employer, where the employee can pay a portion of the insurance contributions.
Have you made an agreement for additional voluntary pension through your employer?
Have you made a contract for additional voluntary pension with a private pension provider? - NO
Have you made an agreement for additional voluntary pension through your employer? - Additional NO. It's what is by default.