Lost baggage

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Kinghypo

Lost baggage

Post by Kinghypo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:13 pm

I was travelling from Finland to Africa in December on a Turkish airline flight with two luggages with weight of 23kg each. Once I arrived at final destination I found just one bag. The other bag was missing. I have filled all the necessary forms Turkish airline told me to fill still not a word from them.
My vacation is long over and I'm back to Finland. I have not heard anything back from Turkish airlines in over one month concerning my lost baggage. Please what can I do? Can I sue them? Can I report the issue to the Finnish authorities?
NB: I did not buy the baggage insurance when booking and paying for the flight ticket.

Lost baggage

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

network_engineer

Re: Lost baggage

Post by network_engineer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:56 pm

There is the Ground Handling agents at the Helsinki Airport. File a lost baggage claim with them.

I am not sure which of the Ground Handling agents actually do that on behalf of Turkish, but if you go there, you will have the boards. They should be able to track your luggage.

That being said, the difficulty would be IF your baggage was delivered to a hotel maybe right after you checked out, so the baggage is at the hotel or venue in African.