Sponsor affidavit for student residence permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
fastandcurious

Post by fastandcurious » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:22 am

My brother has received admission letter from Satakunta University of applied science. I want to be his sponsor. I will pay his tuition fee and living expenses( including everything). I know i have to write an affidavit where i will mention my personal relationship with him and income details. Does that affidavit has to be notarized? Or i can write an affidavit in A4 size white paper and signed it and send it to my brother? I will also add my contract paper,payslip,bank statement,tax certificate along with affifavit. But is it necessary to notarised the affidavit by a lawyer?

I am a permanent residence permit card holder in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: Sponsor affidavit for student residence permit

Post by heretostay » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:08 am

Sponsor affidavit is not enough. The residence permit applicant has to have the funds in their own account in their name freely available for their own use.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:09 am

fastandcurious wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:22 am
My brother has received admission letter from Satakunta University of applied science. I want to be his sponsor. I will pay his tuition fee and living expenses( including everything).
Migri wrote: Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable. The funds must be in your own bank account.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:13 am

Reference from migri website:

“ Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable. The funds must be in your own bank account.”

https://migri.fi/en/income-requirement-for-students

fastandcurious

Post by fastandcurious » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:16 pm

I know affidavit along is not enough. I will ofcourse transfer money to my brother's account. My question is only for affidavit. All the documents are perfect as it should be except affidavit. Does that affidavit needs to be legalised ?

fastandcurious

Post by fastandcurious » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:20 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:09 am
fastandcurious wrote:
My brother has received admission letter from Satakunta University of applied science. I want to be his sponsor. I will pay his tuition fee and living expenses( including everything).
Migri wrote: Sponsorship agreements provided by relatives, friends or employers are not acceptable. The funds must be in your own bank account.

I know that. But does the affidavit needs to be legalised? Just writing sponsorship declaration on white A4 papers and signed it and send it to my brother is not enough? Does it has to be ligalised by lawyer ? Notary?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:10 pm

fastandcurious wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:20 pm
FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:09 am
fastandcurious wrote:
fastandcurious wrote:
I am a permanent residence permit card holder in Finland
I know that. But does the affidavit needs to be legalised? Just writing sponsorship declaration on white A4 papers and signed it and send it to my brother is not enough? Does it has to be ligalised by lawyer ? Notary?
If you transfer the money to his account and declare the money to Vero for gift tax, then everything should be fine.

Migri might ask for additional documents regarding the origin of the funds later, if they need anything they will tell your brother what they need.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:16 pm

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:10 pm

If you transfer the money to his account and declare the money to Vero for gift tax, then everything should be fine.

Migri might ask for additional documents regarding the origin of the funds later, if they need anything they will tell your brother what they need.
The person liable for gift tax is the recipient. Given that the brother is applying for a residence permit, it’s fairly likely that he is not a Finnish resident for gift tax purposes.