After graduation from University

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Galixx

Post by Galixx » Tue May 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi. I just finished my studies (masters degree) and will receive my degree certificate soon (in 3 weeks maybe). I have still 1.5 years-valid RP for studies. What is next? I am a foodora courier. Can I I apply for RP as light entrepreneur (to start a business as foodora courier)? If yes, how is it applied? the requirements? whats the proccess?

......Now can I work full time with my valid rp by the way as courier, as i finished my studies? Plz anyone explain in details. Thanks.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: After graduation from University

Post by agroot » Tue May 03, 2022 10:09 pm

Could you actually work as courier while studying though? It doesn't seem to be allowed: https://migri.fi/en/studying-in-finland "You are allowed work in Finland if the work is related to your studies" though it mentions very recent change in policy.

Could it cause problems if you send proof of courier work to apply as light entrepreneur..?

betelgeuse

Re: After graduation from University

Post by betelgeuse » Wed May 04, 2022 1:23 am

agroot wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:09 pm
Could you actually work as courier while studying though? It doesn't seem to be allowed: https://migri.fi/en/studying-in-finland "You are allowed work in Finland if the work is related to your studies" though it mentions very recent change in policy.

Could it cause problems if you send proof of courier work to apply as light entrepreneur..?
You have misunderstood the page (emphasis mine): ”
The residence permit for studies enables you to work without restrictions if your work is related to your degree. This means practical training and thesis work. In addition, you may work in paid employment for a maximum of 30 hours per week. The number of working hours can be exceeded some weeks, as long as the average working hours are no more than 30 hours per week at the end of the year.”