Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Scolix
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Scolix » Wed May 18, 2022 1:48 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 am
Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am
browndude wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 pm
I had informed them that I was travelling abroad so they knew about it. I did get a message about the fact that I needed to be in Finland when the decision is made so they agreed to wait until I was back in Finland before making the decision. They said a boarding pass or proofs of payments made in Finland would be acceptable.
When did you apply?
Just got the citizenship approval today. I applied in August 2021. Confirmed my identity 11th Aug. 2021 to be precise. So it took a little more than 9months. I did ask for speeded up processing due to a certain situation but was this was not approved. But still not too bad all things considered. Queue number was around 3900. I have been living in FInland on A and P permits since 2010 on A and P permits (12 years). Working in the same company since 2016 in a salaried position.
Congratulations



Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by browndude » Wed May 18, 2022 2:08 pm

Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am
When did you apply?
I kept a record of the queue number progression over time for the past few months and it went like this

2/17/2022 5108
2/18/2022 5074
2/19/2022 5043
3/2/2022 4899
3/4/2022 4860
3/7/2022 4831
3/9/2022 4800
3/10/2022 4775
3/11/2022 4741
3/16/2022 4681
3/17/2022 4665
3/18/2022 4594
3/21/2022 4583
3/23/2022 4556
3/24/2022 4531
3/25/2022 4497
3/28/2022 4470
3/29/2022 4458
3/31/2022 4421
4/5/2022 4357
4/20/2022 4181
4/21/2022 4138
4/26/2022 4034
5/4/2022 3907
Last edited by browndude on Wed May 18, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by browndude » Wed May 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am


When did you apply?
In my case, I started out with the queue numberat 7700 I think (based off the diaarinumero) and got the decision at around 3900. Based off of the progression speed during the final few months, the queue moved roughly 13 places per day (days including holidays and weekends).
ImageImage

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by browndude » Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:10 pm
Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am


When did you apply?
In my case, I started out with the queue number around 7700 I think (based off the diaarinumero) and got the decision at around 3900. Based off of the progression speed during the final few months, the queue moved roughly 13 places per day (days including holidays and weekends).
ImageImage

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by browndude » Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am


When did you apply?
In my case, I started out with the queue number around 7700 I think (based off the diaarinumero) and got the decision at around 3900. Based off of the progression speed during the final few months, the queue moved roughly 13 places per day (days including holidays and weekends).
ImageImage

spandapanda
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by spandapanda » Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm

browndude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm
Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am


When did you apply?
In my case, I started out with the queue number around 7700 I think (based off the diaarinumero) and got the decision at around 3900. Based off of the progression speed during the final few months, the queue moved roughly 13 places per day (days including holidays and weekends).
I think, the queue has been moving really quickly in the past 1.5 months. If previously it would be around 50 applications/week, now it's over a 100/week. Can't complain about such change :D

boy30062021
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:12 am

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by boy30062021 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm

I had both PR and Citizenship applications waiting for processing. PR for 6 months and Citizenship about 11 months, I got decision on PR last week and received email from migri official that for Citizenship I have to wait :D :D . So Another waiting time again meanwhile people applying after me are getting citizenship. Has anyone been in this situation? I thought I would have gotten straight Citizenship since they are going through same checking :D

choxobooze
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:55 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by choxobooze » Thu May 19, 2022 2:09 pm

spandapanda wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm
browndude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm
Scolix wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:28 am


When did you apply?
In my case, I started out with the queue number around 7700 I think (based off the diaarinumero) and got the decision at around 3900. Based off of the progression speed during the final few months, the queue moved roughly 13 places per day (days including holidays and weekends).
I think, the queue has been moving really quickly in the past 1.5 months. If previously it would be around 50 applications/week, now it's over a 100/week. Can't complain about such change :D
Yeah I noticed it aswell, for me sometimes it advances 50 place per day. As you said cant complain 🤣 hopefully its not just temporarily

Mamu
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Mamu » Thu May 19, 2022 3:37 pm

Scolix wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:10 pm
Mamu wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:13 pm
Who knows What that that means if Studyinfo has been checked 2 times?
How do you know if Studyinfo has been checked?
You can cheek it studyinfo.fi

helkundi
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by helkundi » Thu May 19, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi! Sorry, slightly off-topic but related; I'm wondering if has anyone gotten the result for YKI on 9.4.2022? The wait is painful! :(
Last edited by helkundi on Thu May 19, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mamu
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Mamu » Thu May 19, 2022 5:58 pm

Hi all
in a 6 day after all one year I have been waiting for the citizenship decision. Stage 1 queue number 2710
My permanent residence permit about to expire in after 2 months. Do I wait for the decision or ordering the new permit.?
Thanks all.

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by browndude » Thu May 19, 2022 6:59 pm

Mamu wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:58 pm
Hi all
in a 6 day after all one year I have been waiting for the citizenship decision. Stage 1 queue number 2710
My permanent residence permit about to expire in after 2 months. Do I wait for the decision or ordering the new permit.?
Thanks all.
I think you should apply for a new PR card immediately since it took about 4 months for me to get the new PR card when I applied for it in May 2022. As you may know, your PR status does not ever expire while you are residing in Finland but the card does expire.
ImageImage

User avatar
browndude
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by browndude » Thu May 19, 2022 7:10 pm

A follow-up to that. Once you get your citizenship your PR card expires immediately. Since I have several international trips coming up soon, I immediately applied for my Finnish passport (and ID card), went to the police station without an appointment, was able to get the biometric scan taken care of within 15 minutes, paid a bit extra for express delivery and got my Finnish passport today already. Pretty amazing how quickly things move after the decision has been made.
ImageImage

hellofelicia
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by hellofelicia » Thu May 19, 2022 7:21 pm

choxobooze wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:09 pm
spandapanda wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm
browndude wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 pm


In my case, I started out with the queue number around 7700 I think (based off the diaarinumero) and got the decision at around 3900. Based off of the progression speed during the final few months, the queue moved roughly 13 places per day (days including holidays and weekends).
I think, the queue has been moving really quickly in the past 1.5 months. If previously it would be around 50 applications/week, now it's over a 100/week. Can't complain about such change :D
Yeah I noticed it aswell, for me sometimes it advances 50 place per day. As you said cant complain 🤣 hopefully its not just temporarily
For what it's worth, my place in queue is in 3500s and it's been moving for 15 places per day or so for weeks.

ktrnc
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by ktrnc » Thu May 19, 2022 7:59 pm

browndude wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:10 pm
A follow-up to that. Once you get your citizenship your PR card expires immediately. Since I have several international trips coming up soon, I immediately applied for my Finnish passport (and ID card), went to the police station without an appointment, was able to get the biometric scan taken care of within 15 minutes, paid a bit extra for express delivery and got my Finnish passport today already. Pretty amazing how quickly things move after the decision has been made.
Thanks for sharing, I was wondering how long it would take since I have travel plans as well. Which city police station did you apply in?


Post Reply