Former Finnish Citizen

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Matilinen89

Former Finnish Citizen

Post by Matilinen89 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:45 pm

Hi,

I am a former Finnish citizen from birth as my mother is Finnish although i have lived outside of Finland my entire life. I held a Finnish passport etc.

At 22 i lost my Finnish citizenship as i am a citizen of another state and was deemed to not have not have a sufficient connection to Finland. At this point i was notified by the Finnish Immigration Service by letter that i had lost my citizenship.

It appears that due to my previous Finnish citizenship i should be able to get back my citizenship by declaration and it all seems fairly straight forward.

Is this correct?
Last edited by Matilinen89 on Mon May 23, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Former Finnish Citizen

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Former Finnish Citizen

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri May 20, 2022 6:24 pm

Matilinen89 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:45 pm
I am a former Finnish citizen from birth as my mother is Finnish although i have lived in the UK my entire life. I held a Finnish passport etc.

At 22 i lost my Finnish citizenship as i am a citizen of another state and was deemed to not have not have a sufficient connection to Finland. At this point i was notified by the Finnish Immigration Service by letter that i had lost my citizenship.

It appears that due to my previous Finnish citizenship i should be able to get back my citizenship by declaration and it all seems fairly straight forward.

Is this correct?
Yes.

browndude

Re: Former Finnish Citizen

Post by browndude » Fri May 20, 2022 8:58 pm

ImageImage