Work permit for a restaurant worker?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Souverian

Post by Souverian » Mon May 30, 2022 11:12 am

Hey all, I currently have a residence permit based on family ties as I moved here last year to marry my husband. However, almost exactly one year later, he's asking for a divorce. Yay! So, I have a job as a cook, and I don't want to leave Finland. Does anyone know how likely it is I can be granted a work permit as a cook? How does the "labor market needs" things play into this (will the restaurant have to somehow prove that they couldn't find any Finns to work there)?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Work permit for a restaurant worker?

Post by betelgeuse » Tue May 31, 2022 8:09 am

Souverian wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:12 am
Hey all, I currently have a residence permit based on family ties as I moved here last year to marry my husband. However, almost exactly one year later, he's asking for a divorce. Yay! So, I have a job as a cook, and I don't want to leave Finland. Does anyone know how likely it is I can be granted a work permit as a cook? How does the "labor market needs" things play into this (will the restaurant have to somehow prove that they couldn't find any Finns to work there)?
Ask your employer to do this:

” The employer may request free advance ruling on the prerequisites for granting a residence permit for an employed person (TTOL). An advance ruling can be requested by submitting the TEM054 form and selecting the section "Application for advance ruling". The TE Office must provide the advance ruling without delay. The TE Office must comply with the advance ruling for the time period stated in the advance ruling if requested by the employer.”

https://toimistot.te-palvelut.fi/en/wor ... -te-office

Naomi 123

Re: Work permit for a restaurant worker?

Post by Naomi 123 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:41 pm

Hi! Did you get your permit approved? Could you explain the process.