Stationery items in Finland vs Japan

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
it-is-finnish

Post by it-is-finnish » Sat May 28, 2022 4:46 am

I will be migrating from Japan to Finland and would like to bring gifts for my Finnish host and friends. As Japan has a lot of really cute stationery item which thought might impress my host and friends. Could any one share with me the kinds of stationery items in Finland?

My focus is, but not limited to:
(1) Correction tapes and pens
(2) Erasers
(3) Pencil sharpeners
(4) Automatic pencils
(5) Stapless staplers

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Stationery items in Finland vs Japan

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat May 28, 2022 9:58 am

it-is-finnish wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:46 am
I will be migrating from Japan to Finland and would like to bring gifts for my Finnish host and friends.
You might be misjudging what kind of items are common in Finland.
As an example, many Finnish supermarkets are now selling Japanese ramune lemonade.
it-is-finnish wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:46 am
As Japan has a lot of really cute stationery item which thought might impress my host and friends. Could any one share with me the kinds of stationery items in Finland?

My focus is, but not limited to:
(1) Correction tapes and pens
(2) Erasers
(3) Pencil sharpeners
(4) Automatic pencils
(5) Stapless staplers
Such items are only interesting for people who are still using paper, which is becoming rare in Finland.

inkku

Post by inkku » Sat May 28, 2022 10:16 am

Geez Finlandboy.... what a reply. People still use paper and pens. Apart from muji, have not seen japanese office items in helsinki.

Op: that is a cute idea. In my opinion. pencils are not anymore in use, only perhaps the people who do crosswords use them. Correction items also limited use. No5 sounds very interesting!
For kids anything would go.

TSharp

Post by TSharp » Tue May 31, 2022 7:41 pm

I second Number 5.

For this kind of gift, I figure it's more about the cuteness and design of the stationary than the practicality. Whatever specific item you think would make a cute gift would probably work well.