Can people test drive the car I am trying to sell

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
dd23

Post by dd23 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:53 am

Hey,

I'm soon going to be moving away from Finland and I will be selling the car I bought in Finland. I want to sell it privately to a friend, but they will want to test drive it first. Would I have to get them insured separately on the car for a day so they can test drive, or if I am in the car and they are driving, are they covered or will my insurance most likely cover anyone with a licence driving the car?

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Can people test drive the car I am trying to sell

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:32 am

dd23 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:53 am
Hey,

I'm soon going to be moving away from Finland and I will be selling the car I bought in Finland. I want to sell it privately to a friend, but they will want to test drive it first. Would I have to get them insured separately on the car for a day so they can test drive, or if I am in the car and they are driving, are they covered or will my insurance most likely cover anyone with a licence driving the car?

Thanks for any advice!
For your own insurance you need to ask your insurance company for details. Generally it’s not a problem:

” Oma autovakuutus korvaa lain ja ehtojen mukaan sellaiset lainaamisen aikana sattuvat vahingot, jotka olisivat korvattavia auton ollessa omassa käytössäsi. Edellytys on, että lainaaminen on satunnaista – ei siis säännöllistä vuokraustoimintaa. ”

https://www.fennia.fi/sisaltostudio/aut ... nama-asiat

browndude

Re: Can people test drive the car I am trying to sell

Post by browndude » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:50 pm

Ask from your insurance provider.
ImageImage