Contemporary dance / Ballet classes in English

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
ghostwriter

Post by ghostwriter » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:49 am

Huomenta,

I'm planning to move to Finland soon and I've got one peculiar criteria regarding choosing a place. I'm looking for contemporary dance or ballet classes that are taught in English. I've contacted multiple dance schools but the common response is that the classes are in Finnish and the teacher may offer some advice in English in the meanwhile. My question is whether someone has encountered any such classes that are entirely in English (perhaps designed for foreigners or taught by a foreign dancer)?

Cheers!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Contemporary dance / Ballet classes in English

Post by FinlandGirl » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:09 am

ghostwriter wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:49 am
I'm planning to move to Finland soon and I've got one peculiar criteria regarding choosing a place. I'm looking for contemporary dance or ballet classes that are taught in English. I've contacted multiple dance schools but the common response is that the classes are in Finnish and the teacher may offer some advice in English in the meanwhile. My question is whether someone has encountered any such classes that are entirely in English (perhaps designed for foreigners or taught by a foreign dancer)?
Unisport Helsinki sometimes offers such courses in English, you don't have to be a student for participating.
Autumn courses will be announced on August 1st: https://www.unisport.fi/en/newsroom/new ... umn-august

Outside university sports it is unlikely that much is being offered in English, but if anything exists it's likely in Helsinki.