What to be done by new entrants in Finland for availing benefits?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sw_star

Post by sw_star » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi All,
I've just recently moved to Finland with my spouse. I have following queries , it will be great if you can guide me about it .

1) Both of us have Residence Permit. Is there a residence card that we've to make? If yes, what's the procedure?
2) How can I get an appointment for doing tax card, population registry and kela card?
Can someone guide me how to get an appointments through https://dvv.fi/en/individuals ?
3) Can I open a bank account by directly going to the bank?
4) Which documents are required for creating all the above mentioned cards?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: What to be done by new entrants in Finland for availing benefits?

Post by agroot » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:22 pm

sw_star wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:17 pm
Hi All,
I've just recently moved to Finland with my spouse. I have following queries , it will be great if you can guide me about it .

1) Both of us have Residence Permit. Is there a residence card that we've to make? If yes, what's the procedure?
2) How can I get an appointment for doing tax card, population registry and kela card?
Can someone guide me how to get an appointments through https://dvv.fi/en/individuals ?
3) Can I open a bank account by directly going to the bank?
4) Which documents are required for creating all the above mentioned cards?

Thanks in advance!
1. No. You're from outside of EU yes? The permit is already your identity and you should already have a population registration (without a Finnish address). You can also get identity cards from police station, which is optional and mainly for online identification.

2. Appointments mentioned on DVV website seem very unclear and there is no usual "appointment" on calendar I can find. I didn't have one but just went there and get everything done in a few hours.

3. Yes, right after you step 2, and bring your work contract and residence permit.

4. For DVV I carried work contract, residence permit and foreign passport, but only the latter two are needed I think.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Residence permit is NOT official identity document. You need to get identity card from police for official use.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:11 am

heretostay wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:17 pm
Residence permit is NOT official identity document. You need to get identity card from police for official use.
Yes but your passport is.