Intellectual property and local laws

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mac_fin_turku20

Post by mac_fin_turku20 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:10 am

Moi,

Me and my friend has online tutorial website related to technology courses. We have noticed that our courses are reproduced by modifying(rephrasing) from our content even examples used are same. The reproduced content is uploaded to Udemy.

We have reported to Udemy but no action is taken by them because courses are sold to many students.

We have found that person who uploaded content lives in Finland. What are the possible legal actions(sue, penalty, punishment etc) and laws in Finland related to this situation.

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Intellectual property and local laws

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:20 am

mac_fin_turku20 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:10 am
Me and my friend has online tutorial website related to technology courses. We have noticed that our courses are reproduced by modifying(rephrasing) from our content even examples used are same. The reproduced content is uploaded to Udemy.

We have reported to Udemy but no action is taken by them because courses are sold to many students.

We have found that person who uploaded content lives in Finland. What are the possible legal actions(sue, penalty, punishment etc) and laws in Finland related to this situation.
Suing for compensation is most likely your best option.

You have to ask a lawyer specialized in copyright law for a proper answer how to proceed.