Vocational Courses given in English

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
JUVA

Post by JUVA » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks
Guva
Last edited by JUVA on Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Vocational Courses given in English

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 pm

JUVA wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:42 pm
I need a help as I am tired googling to find vocational courses
In what field and where in Finland?
JUVA wrote:
which taught in English only where Finnish language is not required at any stage for admission.
People graduating from vocational training are supposed to be employable, and it is rare that there is demand by companies for employees or interns who do not speak the local language.
Usually the correct order is first learn the language and then have education and internships in the local language.
JUVA wrote:
It seems there are some but it is a challenge to find one.
The list from last year is at https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/vocational- ... tumn-2021/

JUVA

Post by JUVA » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:51 pm

Thank you

Well, the field is not important as my inquiry is general.
Last edited by JUVA on Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:35 pm

JUVA wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:51 pm
There was a serious discussion to add English as an official language in Metropolitan Helsinki.
Swedish is already an official language in Helsinki.
Swedish without Finnish is useless for employment in Helsinki.
JUVA wrote:
It is the same idea when we are buying goods from Germany to be used in Finland, then English is an intermediate language on the Manuals of the goods. So, I hope they confirm English as Intermediate language between Finns and high skilled immigrants.
In the private sector there won't be an intermediate language, every employer already has to decide on one language for all communication inside the company.
This is either Finnish or Swedish or English.
Companies that need highly skilled immigrants might choose English, companies that require only vocational education prefer Finnish since it's easier and requiring working in English reduces the amount of available Finnish talent.
JUVA wrote:
I found many vocational courses in English (teaching language is English) but in the interview you should speak Finnish!!
You explained yourself why this makes sense:
JUVA wrote:
It is really sad when you see hundreds of skilled and high educated professional leave Finland after graduation because they can not speak Suomi to enter the labor market.
The best solution to avoid this problem is to make knowledge of Finnish a prerequisite for the education.