Appealing a migri decision

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Egzon

Post by Egzon » Wed May 18, 2022 1:23 am

Hey, just wondering if someone had to deal with something similar.
Have been living in Finland for over a year now on a RP on family ties. Married to my wife which she had a 4 year RP on basis of work. During the time when i applied to renew my RP my wife got laid off her work. After talking to TE office my wife was suggested to start immigration language learning courses which was a bad suggestion since she had to work with that RP and was not allowed to do anything else. Not knowing that we were told she has to go back to work which she did but the contract was 30hrs a week instead of 37,5 which wasn’t enough and migri ended up giving both of us a negative decision. We appealed and now we both have full time jobs. Me the spouse on the family ties RP i have a full time job and another working contract for extra hours, my spouse has another full time job with another job for 25hrs a week on top of full time one. We are doing more than enough to secure our livelihood now. We appealed with a lawyer. And its been about 6 months now. Just wondering if simply fixing our mistake is enough for migir to overturn their decision and how long does it usually take or should we reapply. Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

vincentsky

Re: Appealing a migri decision

Post by vincentsky » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:27 pm

I cant see in the future but if it was anything like my situation, Migri is just waiting for the court to send the case back to them and they will grant you a permit.

Appeals take a lot of time when it goes to the courts, even your lawyer should've told you that. Why it takes so long, no one knows, but you are free to keep working/living in Finland while this is going on.

network_engineer

Re: Appealing a migri decision

Post by network_engineer » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Sometimes a clearly worded letter explaining the circumstances would resolve the issue.

Often, this might even help the case in court, as you have pointed out facts in a follow-up.