YKI Swedish Test Day Details

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jperickson

Post by jperickson » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:06 pm

Has anyone recently taken the YKI Swedish test and can tell me about the basics of what to expect on the test day? I will be taking the intermediate Swedish test this August in Turku. I am mostly interested in the time of day and length of the test. I have already registered for the test but still don't know how to find out this information. And if there is anything else useful or surprising about the exam that I should know, that would be great too if you could tell me. Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

hotplay

Re: YKI Swedish Test Day Details

Post by hotplay » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:19 pm

jperickson wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:06 pm
Has anyone recently taken the YKI Swedish test and can tell me about the basics of what to expect on the test day? I will be taking the intermediate Swedish test this August in Turku. I am mostly interested in the time of day and length of the test. I have already registered for the test but still don't know how to find out this information. And if there is anything else useful or surprising about the exam that I should know, that would be great too if you could tell me. Thank you!
Did Swedish in Turku as well, expect to to actually start the test at around 10 and finish at around 3 pm,The speaking part is horrible , people are so loud , and its hard to focus on what is streaming through your headphones , so if that is an issue for you , you can ask for special arrangements. each section is around 45 minutes or an hour , don't remember exactly....

jperickson

Post by jperickson » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:51 pm

hotplay wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:19 pm
jperickson wrote:
Did Swedish in Turku as well, expect to to actually start the test at around 10 and finish at around 3 pm,The speaking part is horrible , people are so loud , and its hard to focus on what is streaming through your headphones , so if that is an issue for you , you can ask for special arrangements. each section is around 45 minutes or an hour , don't remember exactly....
Thank you for the info! Good to know. And I assume that all listening exercises were in a Finland-Swedish dialect? And for the speaking section, do you just record yourself or do you talk to someone live? Thanks again!

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:18 pm

jperickson wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:51 pm
hotplay wrote:
jperickson wrote:
Thank you for the info! Good to know. And I assume that all listening exercises were in a Finland-Swedish dialect? And for the speaking section, do you just record yourself or do you talk to someone live? Thanks again!
You are Supposed to Speak to a computer that records your answers , while there is around 30 other people in the same room , shouting their answers too. its madness . I recommend you ask for "special arrangement " if you can obtain a paper from a doctor with some anxiety or hearing issues so that they can give you your own room , or let you do the speaking test in a more quiet setting. I had to do the speaking test a few time and just grind to overcome that issue . but trust me a lot of people fail the speaking part is due to that issue of being surrounded by screaming test takers .

jperickson

Post by jperickson » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:28 pm

hotplay wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:18 pm
jperickson wrote:
hotplay wrote:

You are Supposed to Speak to a computer that records your answers , while there is around 30 other people in the same room , shouting their answers too. its madness . I recommend you ask for "special arrangement " if you can obtain a paper from a doctor with some anxiety or hearing issues so that they can give you your own room , or let you do the speaking test in a more quiet setting. I had to do the speaking test a few time and just grind to overcome that issue . but trust me a lot of people fail the speaking part is due to that issue of being surrounded by screaming test takers .
Very good to know. Thank you. And was the dialect of the person you listen to in the listening section Finland-Swedish dialect?

hotplay

Post by hotplay » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:50 pm

jperickson wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:28 pm
hotplay wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:18 pm
jperickson wrote:

Very good to know. Thank you. And was the dialect of the person you listen to in the listening section Finland-Swedish dialect?
Yes , its pretty easy , listening and speaking were very basic and clear