Permanent Residence Permit Application Rejected

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Anony

Post by Anony » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 am

Hello,
I had B-student permit 2012-2016, after graduation A(work)permit 2016-2017, extended A(work)permit 2017-2021.
I had applied for Permanent Residence Permit on August2020. But on September2020 I meet an accident passing left turn Red-light and, crashed with another car. Police fined me and I paid it on time. I was confused with green light which was only for going forward and was passing red light was unintentional.
I got the NEGATIVE decision on November reasoning this accident was crime/danger to public.
My current A permit will expires on August2021.
Migri said that I can apply Permanent residence permit again only after Sept2022(2years later) but

Will I again receive negative decision if I apply for A Permit before August2021 ? As my A permit will expires on August2021.
Will this Accident hamper the extension to A residence Permit Application ?
Any other suggestions are welcome!!

Thank you !

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nimap

Re: Permanent Residence Permit Application Rejected

Post by nimap » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:28 am

Anony wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 am
Hello,
I had B-student permit 2012-2016, after graduation A(work)permit 2016-2017, extended A(work)permit 2017-2021.
I had applied for Permanent Residence Permit on August2020. But on September2020 I meet an accident passing left turn Red-light and, crashed with another car. Police fined me and I paid it on time. I was confused with green light which was only for going forward and was passing red light was unintentional.
I got the NEGATIVE decision on November reasoning this accident was crime/danger to public.
My current A permit will expires on August2021.
Migri said that I can apply Permanent residence permit again only after Sept2022(2years later) but

Will I again receive negative decision if I apply for A Permit before August2021 ? As my A permit will expires on August2021.
Will this Accident hamper the extension to A residence Permit Application ?
Any other suggestions are welcome!!

Thank you !
Hire a lawyer if you want to be on safe side. You may get any kinds of advice on forum which are not legally binding, so if your stay in Finland is more important than couple hundred bucks, find a lawyer and ask for legal advice.

Anony

Post by Anony » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks, nimap !
I have booked an appointment with lawyer but I want to post it here because, may be I can find different opinions or may be the person with the similar problem. Let’s see !!

krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Anony wrote:
"Rikosrekisteriotteen tilaaminen"

First thing, order a criminal record from the police and look for anything listed as a "crime". Only criminal offences can be used to refuse a permit. This does appear to be a driving offence and not a criminal offence. A good lawyer may be able to argue this is court and have the migri decision reversed by appealing to a higher court.

https://asiointi2.oikeus.fi/oikeusrekisterikeskus/#/

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:17 pm

krapulassa wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:57 pm
Anony wrote:
"Rikosrekisteriotteen tilaaminen"

First thing, order a criminal record from the police and look for anything listed as a "crime". Only criminal offences can be used to refuse a permit. This does appear to be a driving offence and not a criminal offence. A good lawyer may be able to argue this is court and have the migri decision reversed by appealing to a higher court.

https://asiointi2.oikeus.fi/oikeusrekisterikeskus/#/
Before the new road traffic act driving offences were crimes. Nowadays some of them are administrative sanctions.

iceko

Post by iceko » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:37 pm

Did you get visa afte?? What happened? Could you please update your situation?

Anony

Post by Anony » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:53 pm

I applied for A-Residence Permit after that and I have received it for 4-Years. As mentioned above, I will be applying for a Permanent Residence permit after 2-Years from the date of the driving offense, that will be after September 2022.

Anony

Post by Anony » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:05 pm

iceko wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:37 pm
Did you get visa afte?? What happened? Could you please update your situation?
I applied for A-Residence Permit after that and I have received it for 4-Years. As mentioned above, I will be applying for a Permanent Residence permit after 2-Years from the date of the driving offense, that will be after September 2022.

furkancanozer

Post by furkancanozer » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:15 pm

Hey everyone,
I am Furkan Can Özer. I am studying an IT MsC program in Finland but currently I am not living in Finland. I applied for an Temporary Residence Permit for Studies but my application was rejected 2 days ago.

If I tell my story, I was an Erasmus Student in 2021(August 2021 to January 2022). In November 2021 (1 year 11 months ago), I got a speed penalty but a serious one. I went 91km/h on the road where speed limit was 30km/h so I went to the police station and give testimony. My driver licence was taken by the police till the time I left Finland to go back my home country. In my rejection form, I was shown as a thread to public security, public order and public health.

I came across to this entry I see that you had similar situation with Residence permit application and I thought you can help me. On the forum, you mentioned 2 years has to passed to be able to get the residence permit and you got a lawyer. My questions are:
1) Did you get the residence permit?
If so,
2) Was your crime dismissed after two years automatically or your lawyer carried it to the court and solve the case?
I was wondering, is it possible to handle this issue without hiring a lawyer or either case I have to get a lawyer? Because, based on my research my crime will dismissed automatically. I guess if I wait and apply later in December 2023, I will have the residence permit approval without having any problem with this speed penalty issues.
If,
3) In all situations, If I need a lawyer then can you share me your lawyers contact information?
4) Could you briefly tell me how did you handle the situation and show me right path to follow.

I would like to listen how your story evolved and hope that you could help me in this regard. I appreciate a lot.
I hope you see this message soon and turn back to me.
Thank you so much beforehand.

Also if anyone can help me I would love to hear your opinions too, thank you all.

IF YOU HELP ME GUYS I WILL ORDER A COFFEE FOR YOU IN FINLAND, I PROMISE :)