Electricity contract recommendation

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:44 am

Hello,

I recieved an email from my electricity company saying that they are terminating my contract because they will be no longer operating due to the tough situation of the electricity market. I'm looking for recommendation for a new electricity contract. We are 2 persons living in an apartment and our annual consumption is between 1500 and 2000 kWh. I saw some websites making comparison between electricity companies but I'm looking for more feedback.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Electricity contract recommendation

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:01 pm

Chaouki wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:44 am
Hello,

I recieved an email from my electricity company saying that they are terminating my contract because they will be no longer operating due to the tough situation of the electricity market. I'm looking for recommendation for a new electricity contract. We are 2 persons living in an apartment and our annual consumption is between 1500 and 2000 kWh. I saw some websites making comparison between electricity companies but I'm looking for more feedback.

Thanks!
What kind of feedback are you looking for? There's a single grid in any given area (i.e. no choice to be made), the available prices, production types and contract types for the electricity itself you can check from https://sahkonhinta.fi/(also in English) .

Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:42 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:01 pm
Chaouki wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
What kind of feedback are you looking for? There's a single grid in any given area (i.e. no choice to be made), the available prices, production types and contract types for the electricity itself you can check from https://sahkonhinta.fi/(also in English) .
Mainly about the company customer service and the overall interaction with the customer. I saw many people posting that there were hidden costs in their bills (not explicilty mention in the contract) as well as customer service not answering calls or email.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:29 pm

Chaouki wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:42 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Chaouki wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Mainly about the company customer service and the overall interaction with the customer. I saw many people posting that there were hidden costs in their bills (not explicilty mention in the contract) as well as customer service not answering calls or email.
A new contract can be made online, which requires no interaction with customer service. Charging fees which were not in the contract will lead the company into trouble very quickly (as it's very easy to determine), so although not impossible, it's unlikely you will face that. If anything, you can check that the company has been around for some time (a few years at least), which should indicate that they have established themselves in the marketplace and are not there to scam anyone.

Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:02 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:29 pm
Chaouki wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:42 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:

A new contract can be made online, which requires no interaction with customer service. Charging fees which were not in the contract will lead the company into trouble very quickly (as it's very easy to determine), so although not impossible, it's unlikely you will face that. If anything, you can check that the company has been around for some time (a few years at least), which should indicate that they have established themselves in the marketplace and are not there to scam anyone.
Thank you for the advice!

StevenCA

Post by StevenCA » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:15 am

Hi all!

Canadian expat here. A few questions.

My wife and I are gonna be based in Tampere. Can we get an electricity contract from any electricity company in Finland?

Do you think the spot price contract is the best?

There seems to be mainly 24 months contracts and spot price contracts: https://xn--shksopimukset-bfb6y.com/en/ Our rental will initially be for a year.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Steven