Applying for working permit

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Iamacat

Post by Iamacat » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:31 pm

Hi,

I am now submitting my working permit application my job is a waitress and my job-seeking RP will expires 15th this month.

I’ll have a job interview next week for a tech company and it’s quite positive. My concern is if I receive the contract from that company after 15th August ( when I already submitted the application and my old permit is expired), is it still legal to sign the contract with them? Can I still sign the contract with them and replace my old contract in the system when I show up at the office?

Thank you so much

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Applying for working permit

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:18 pm

Iamacat wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:31 pm
I am now submitting my working permit application my job is a waitress and my job-seeking RP will expires 15th this month.

I’ll have a job interview next week for a tech company and it’s quite positive. My concern is if I receive the contract from that company after 15th August ( when I already submitted the application and my old permit is expired), is it still legal to sign the contract with them?
Signing the contract is legal in any case, for people from abroad a signed contract is even a prerequisite before applying for an RP.
Iamacat wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:31 pm
Can I still sign the contract with them and replace my old contract in the system when I show up at the office?
You have to ask Migri what options you have, leaving the job you applied for the RP before it was granted does not sound good.