How to install washing machine in bathroom?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
khasi

Post by khasi » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:44 am

I need some help with this.
What connector should I buy to connect my washing machine hose (1st picture) to this kind of water supply (2nd pic, and I don't know what does it called)? Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: How to install washing machine in bathroom?

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:25 pm

riku2

Post by riku2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:32 pm

The connector under the sink already has some kind of an adapter screwed into it or perhaps it's a blanking adapter that seals off the outlet (it's hard to see from the photo if the end is open or solid). You need to remove that adapter and then connect the washing machine hose pipe to it (probably).
Alternatively the pipe under the sink might be an outlet to a bidet attachment and you don't have a bidet attachment installed. It depends if water comes out of it only when you turn the sink tap on or when you turn the washing machine tap on (sometimes the washing machine tap is separate or sometimes a lever that's part of the sink tap).
If you are new to Finland then dishwashers and clothes washing machines have their own tap and you're supposed to turn it on only when using the machine and then pedantically turn it off again when the machine has finished its programme. Quite how other european countries manage without this tedious tap turning on/off is a mystery but they somehow manage to get their dishes and clothes clean without flooding their kitchens and bathrooms.
Last edited by riku2 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:03 am

I believe you're also required to include a backflow arrestor ("takaiskuventtiili") between source and intake, so that soapy water can't get sucked into the house pipes.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.