Appealing a decision, new permit, working, help please

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Feettaa

Post by Feettaa » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:40 am

Hello everyone, I have some questions I’m wondering right now, I had a residence permit for au pairing which expired 3 months ago, I applied for a residence permit extension on the basis of work 4 months previous to its expiration, however in September I received a negative decision from the police. Anyways I filled an appeal to this decision and me and my spouse applied again for a new residence permit for family ties, we are now waiting and I understand I can’t work in Finland at all but I just found a job as a freelancer for a USA company and I’m wondering if anyone at all knows if I have to pay taxes to Vero at all if the amount I earn goes from 600-1000 euros a month considering that I’m not a resident and that I may or may not get the permit? Also… is it allowed to exit/travel meanwhile i wait for the court and migri to make a decision? I know this sounds like a bit too much but I haven’t seen my family in longer than a year and I’m bored, thank you :ohno:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

network_engineer

Re: Appealing a decision, new permit, working, help please

Post by network_engineer » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:57 pm

But you are not resident here... but you are... waiting for a permit and non-residents cannot be taxed.

Anyhow, that'll put them in a conundrum and they'll find a way to tax you. But then they discover you are not a resident...

FinlandGirl

Re: Appealing a decision, new permit, working, help please

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:39 am

Feettaa wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:40 am
Hello everyone, I have some questions I’m wondering right now, I had a residence permit for au pairing which expired 3 months ago, I applied for a residence permit extension on the basis of work 4 months previous to its expiration, however in September I received a negative decision from the police. Anyways I filled an appeal to this decision and me and my spouse applied again for a new residence permit for family ties, we are now waiting and I understand I can’t work in Finland at all but I just found a job as a freelancer for a USA company and I’m wondering if anyone at all knows if I have to pay taxes to Vero at all if the amount I earn goes from 600-1000 euros a month considering that I’m not a resident and that I may or may not get the permit? Also… is it allowed to exit/travel meanwhile i wait for the court and migri to make a decision? I know this sounds like a bit too much but I haven’t seen my family in longer than a year and I’m bored, thank you :ohno:
network_engineer wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:57 pm
But you are not resident here... but you are... waiting for a permit and non-residents cannot be taxed.
Based on the description, this is a person who is a resident in Finland but who does not have the right to work.