First RP For Spouse In Processing Stage

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
paintballsean

Post by paintballsean » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:52 am

How long does it take when you're in the second stage for the Residence Permit decision when it says the application is in processing? The information I try to google is so vague in the second stage. I been in the stage for a few days now and not sure what to expect in this time frame.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

linpaco

Re: First RP For Spouse In Processing Stage

Post by linpaco » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:58 am

In the words of some migri officials: "When the application arrives we take a quick look, if everything is in order it process is fairly quick, but if we need to check things in detail we put the application bottom of the pile (in category the person has applied)''. They have to give decision (positive or negative) within 13 months (but some people do get it quickly (a month) and others bit later (5 or more months)).

FYI: pile refers to (Spouse applied for dependent along with spouse applied for work permit, spouse of a citizen, spouse applied while spouse in already in Finland.. etc.)

paintballsean

Post by paintballsean » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:57 am

Little easier to figure out what this stage is. I just hope it gets done soon its nerve-wracking since I am going for a visit to Finland and might end up starting all over if the answer is not here soon. Not sure if the fact my name changed midway thru the application and passport change had anything to deal with it not being done when it was looked at.

paintballsean

Post by paintballsean » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:15 am

linpaco wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:58 am
In the words of some migri officials: "When the application arrives we take a quick look, if everything is in order it process is fairly quick, but if we need to check things in detail we put the application bottom of the pile (in category the person has applied)''. They have to give decision (positive or negative) within 13 months (but some people do get it quickly (a month) and others bit later (5 or more months)).

FYI: pile refers to (Spouse applied for dependent along with spouse applied for work permit, spouse of a citizen, spouse applied while spouse in already in Finland.. etc.)
The nightmare of waiting is finally over i have positive decision while I was visiting finland to my spouse. i no longer have to worry about being able to stay.

hana dina

Post by hana dina » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:05 pm

Congratulations
How long have u wait for decision in total ? And how long your residence is valid ?