Tax deduction (moving to a new apartment)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Chaouki

Post by Chaouki » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:43 am

Hello,

As mentioned in the title, I was wondering if moving to a new apartment, there is tax deduction. I know that final cleaning is eligible for tax deduction but was not able to find any info about the moving process itself.

Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Tax deduction (moving to a new apartment)

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:42 am

Chaouki wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:43 am
Hello,

As mentioned in the title, I was wondering if moving to a new apartment, there is tax deduction. I know that final cleaning is eligible for tax deduction but was not able to find any info about the moving process itself.
There isn’t.

https://www.muuttomaailma.fi/kotitalous ... -muutossa/

NukkuMatti

Re: Tax deduction (moving to a new apartment)

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:02 pm

There isn’t.
However if you are on low income and qualify for toimeentulotuki (basic income support) from Kela, you can get a voucher for this moving if the moving is needed for enhancing your chance on work or in case your current rental contract was terminated without your consent or sometimes if your family is growing and needs extra rooms due to more children (or when your wife is pregnant).

The voucher could come from Kela as toimeentulotuki or from the municipal's Social office in the form of additional income support (tick the box on the application for Kela to forward you application to social office for additional income support, in case Kela decides it is not covered by basic income support).

This could be in the form of a payment for the rental of a Van for a day.
For more information you can contact Kela customer service.