TE Office requirements

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Post Reply
glad.fi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:03 pm

TE Office requirements

Post by glad.fi » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:38 am

I am attending language classes because I am not working at the moment. This is also a requirement from the TE Office. I live in Helsinki and wish to move to Oulu where my sister lives. She has a room for me and I can help her with babysitting. During this time I will also be looking for a full time job in Oulu.

If I change cities from Helsinki to Oulu, how does this affect my relationship with the TE Office? Will the TE office in Oulu have different requirements than the one in Helsinki? I do not have a rental contract in Oulu because I will be living with a relative, will I need prove change of residence etc with a rental contract?

Thx



TE Office requirements

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

FinlandGirl
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:02 pm

glad.fi wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:07 pm
My husband and I were married in Finland and our marriage documents from the population register are in Swedish language. We are now planning to move to another EU country
glad.fi wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:38 am
I am attending language classes because I am not working at the moment. This is also a requirement from the TE Office. I live in Helsinki and wish to move to Oulu where my sister lives. She has a room for me and I can help her with babysitting. During this time I will also be looking for a full time job in Oulu.
Where will your husband live in Oulu?

betelgeuse
Posts: 4183
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am

glad.fi wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:38 am
I am attending language classes because I am not working at the moment. This is also a requirement from the TE Office. I live in Helsinki and wish to move to Oulu where my sister lives. She has a room for me and I can help her with babysitting. During this time I will also be looking for a full time job in Oulu.

If I change cities from Helsinki to Oulu, how does this affect my relationship with the TE Office? Will the TE office in Oulu have different requirements than the one in Helsinki? I do not have a rental contract in Oulu because I will be living with a relative, will I need prove change of residence etc with a rental contract?
The job markets are different so it’s possible (whether it’s likely is another matter). TE-office will use the population register in which you are required to change your address to your sister’s place.

glad.fi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:03 pm

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by glad.fi » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:52 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am
The job markets are different so it’s possible (whether it’s likely is another matter). TE-office will use the population register in which you are required to change your address to your sister’s place.
Finnish language is a must for finding most of jobs in Finland so it makes sense that the TE office provides this education. However, what happens if a foreigner moves to a remote town in Finland where there are no Finnish language classes available or a school that teaches the language? How does TE office then ensure that the unemployed person is engaged in an activity that will help them find a job? What kind of activity can this unemployed person undertake to satisfy the requirements? If we are not learning the language, what else can we be doing to improve our chances of finding a job?

FinlandGirl
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:50 pm

glad.fi wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:07 pm
My husband and I were married in Finland and our marriage documents from the population register are in Swedish language. We are now planning to move to another EU country
glad.fi wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:38 am
I live in Helsinki and wish to move to Oulu
glad.fi wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:52 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am
The job markets are different so it’s possible (whether it’s likely is another matter). TE-office will use the population register in which you are required to change your address to your sister’s place.
Finnish language is a must for finding most of jobs in Finland so it makes sense that the TE office provides this education. However, what happens if a foreigner moves to a remote town in Finland where there are no Finnish language classes available or a school that teaches the language? How does TE office then ensure that the unemployed person is engaged in an activity that will help them find a job? What kind of activity can this unemployed person undertake to satisfy the requirements? If we are not learning the language, what else can we be doing to improve our chances of finding a job?
Moving from Helsinki to Oulu would be a bad choice for your chances of finding a job.

Your plan to move with your husband to another EU country might also be better for finding a job.

jenkkipoika
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:47 pm
Location: Mäntyharju, Finland

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by jenkkipoika » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:07 pm

glad.fi wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:52 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am
The job markets are different so it’s possible (whether it’s likely is another matter). TE-office will use the population register in which you are required to change your address to your sister’s place.
Finnish language is a must for finding most of jobs in Finland so it makes sense that the TE office provides this education. However, what happens if a foreigner moves to a remote town in Finland where there are no Finnish language classes available or a school that teaches the language? How does TE office then ensure that the unemployed person is engaged in an activity that will help them find a job? What kind of activity can this unemployed person undertake to satisfy the requirements? If we are not learning the language, what else can we be doing to improve our chances of finding a job?
I live in a small town and I start the integration training on 1.12 but it is 100% remote and I'll be doing it online everyday. So they do have provide the means for the same training all over Finland.
Image

glad.fi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:03 pm

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by glad.fi » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:31 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am
The job markets are different so it’s possible (whether it’s likely is another matter). TE-office will use the population register in which you are required to change your address to your sister’s place.
How can I change my address online, is there a website to do that?

betelgeuse
Posts: 4183
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:52 am

glad.fi wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:31 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:40 am
The job markets are different so it’s possible (whether it’s likely is another matter). TE-office will use the population register in which you are required to change your address to your sister’s place.
How can I change my address online, is there a website to do that?
https://www.posti.fi/en/private/change-address

glad.fi
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:03 pm

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by glad.fi » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:00 pm

jenkkipoika wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:07 pm
I live in a small town and I start the integration training on 1.12 but it is 100% remote and I'll be doing it online everyday. So they do have provide the means for the same training all over Finland.
Can you please provide more information on how to register for remote integration services that can be attended online? Thanks.

FinlandGirl
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:25 pm

glad.fi wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:00 pm
jenkkipoika wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:07 pm
I live in a small town and I start the integration training on 1.12 but it is 100% remote and I'll be doing it online everyday. So they do have provide the means for the same training all over Finland.
Can you please provide more information on how to register for remote integration services that can be attended online?
TE will tell you what course you should attend or what options are available for you.

jenkkipoika
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:47 pm
Location: Mäntyharju, Finland

Re: TE Office requirements

Post by jenkkipoika » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:37 am

glad.fi wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:00 pm
jenkkipoika wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:07 pm
I live in a small town and I start the integration training on 1.12 but it is 100% remote and I'll be doing it online everyday. So they do have provide the means for the same training all over Finland.
Can you please provide more information on how to register for remote integration services that can be attended online? Thanks.
I didn't choose it. TE office chose it for me. I live in a small town with no in-person course. If you live in a bigger city I'm guessing you'll have an in-person course. This is all up to your local TE office. You don't get to choose.
Image


Post Reply