Car insurance: Unbelievably cheap

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Upphew

Re: Car insurance: Unbelievably cheap

Post by Upphew » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:01 am

riku2 wrote:(which I consider quite outrageous in finland since it's about 2x the price for insuring the same car in england)
Somehow I imagine it will be a bit longer tow, more expensive repairs and the car will be worth a lot more...

http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:14 am

riku2 wrote:that is what POP told me also .. below is word for word their reply when I asked for a quote from them
Hello!
If you want buy an insurance from Popvakuutus, you have to speak finish!

Y.T
Jouni Ikonen Myyntineuvottelija
Lets bring in more foreigners (like most parties want) the great attitude from Finns is already there and 50 percent unemployed/next to the 10 percent themselves is not that bad yet. And with their arrogance they think they can choose the 'best' foreigners to come.

The first person telling me this bs gets a load of words over him/her that his/her whole day is ruined.

Marsh04

Post by Marsh04 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:21 pm

People who have ability to look beyond next couple of hours all know that their is no choice but to bring in more foreigners. The alternative option is to scrap the idea of equality, stop ladies from following successful working careers and start to breed more actively. Latter doesn't look like happening.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Perus suomalaiset wants now also to import foreigners I read; They prefer Adolf (really Germans:-) I wonder if Adolf wants to pay twice as much for his mersu,beer and bratwurst. If they guarantee the foreigners 40 years of work I can understand it but they cannot and here todays work does not mean tomorrows work.

American study shows that the breading wll be taken care of by a certain religion 150.000 now, 2050: 500.000.

mpjacko

Post by mpjacko » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 am

Being in Finland, I accept that the text will be in Finnish and so its my responsibility to get someone i know to check the terms and conditions. What they should say that if you don't understand the t+c's then as a legal document, you can not sign. I maybe wrong but there is prob a tick box which say "I understand the t+cs as set out above and I agree by these terms". This is what they prob mean. What they should add that if you take the t+cs away and get them translated and you fully understand them, then you are free to sign.

Some companies are better than others such as IF which is a international company, and so will have t+c in English. But even in the English t+cs it will say the Finnish version will take precedent.

In terms of finding the cheap quote, I wish Finland would join the 21st centenary and have websites which can compare all the companies that offer quotes (We've only just received internet food shopping with city-market). But maybe the lack of comparison sites is due to the user having to give their social security number.

However, like England, companies make their money on the hope people don't move either from being lazy, forgetting or finding it too time consuming to search for a better price. The best deals are from insurance companies who want to expand their customer share and so offer discounts.

spoonsey

Post by spoonsey » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:41 am

Hi guys, im just reading through these posts, forgive me as I know the last post is very old, from 7 years ago! I just wondered if anyonecould help.
I have had POP "liability" car insurance for years and it's always been reasonably priced. However today I backed into a car in a car park, the other driver was actually driving on the left side of the road out because a corner approaching. However I should have also been more aware of my surroundings. Anyway, I reported it, and now I know that my bonus will now drop down from this.
Has anyone had any experience of this? It was my first ever accident and I've been driving many years. There was a bit of a scratch and a dent in her car. Mine is absolutely fine. I just wonder what my bonus might drop to as there's no information I can find out about this online. My bonus is currently 60% (before today!)

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:08 am

Upphew wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:25 pm
Edmark wrote:Bottom line, one can get cheap insurance from Säästöpankki rather then POP Pankki - because Säästöpankki offers on-site services and is easy to reach through their branch offices located in every city of Finland.
Bottom line: Tapiola did, after I escalated the situation to manager of local branch, as I told them. I would have liked to keep on using them, but price difference was just too big. What did I escalate and what we agreed: do not call me, do not contact me, just send the effing bills. If I have something on my mind I'll contact, but before that you just waste time for everyone and piss me off. Worked like a charm. :)
Aren't you the polite one! :D :ochesey: :twisted:

Did you send the email in Finnish/ English? Would you post it verbatim here, let them see a pattern about these foreigners...

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:18 am

Honest wrote:
Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:24 pm
customer care
Customer care is an organisational term. Lifeless.

The persons working in the organisation : The next Finnish epidemic.

I have enountered too many of them to be polite. I literally [nope, not figuratively] characterize them as:
  • the-new-definition-of "unsklled" (most of them are charmers "read as" #€%&-boys", low grades, good looks, and empty heads)
  • entitled characters perhaps by the definition of being themselves based on a racial and national identity, and
  • arrogant
Don't expect good service.

I used to be polite. Treat them with respect. No longer.

Coming to the original post: I got a number of calls, asking about union memberships etc. and giving out better insurance rates if you were a union member. The price difference from the previous provider was about 300e.