Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Edward35

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by Edward35 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:09 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm
Maaria wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:43 am
Kikibje wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm
I applied for citizenship on 20th June 2022i got the decision on 21st September 2022. It took 5 months and 1 day to get the decision.
Isn't that 3 months?
Stone360 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:30 pm
I was about to ask the same question though😂😂
Have you noticed that every week there are appearing accounts of people who got the decision in 3-4-5-6 months? And those accounts are totally new and are having only one post on this forum? Don't you think it might just be trolling? Then it is easy to mix up how many months person was "waiting for citizenship".
They are just @#$% up our emotions !!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Puustimies

Post by Puustimies » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:43 am

kalaizanala wrote:
Have you noticed that every week there are appearing accounts of people who got the decision in 3-4-5-6 months? And those accounts are totally new and are having only one post on this forum? Don't you think it might just be trolling? Then it is easy to mix up how many months person was "waiting for citizenship".
For example myself I registered and posted in this Citizenship forum only to share what my experience was: Application 15/6/22, identity proof at Migri 4/7/22 and decision 17/11/22. The reason being that most of this thread was a rant about how long the application processing takes as well as the obsession with queue numbers. My queue number on the day of the decision was 4852 and wanted to illustrate those numbers don't mean much. I do not post elsewhere, as EU citizen I never went through residence permit process, only registered my residence right with Migri in 2005 when I permanently moved here. Having a Finnish spouse for 25 years, I quite much know all answers to how things work in Finland :D , no need for me to discuss it in finlandforum.
I fully understand the frustration the applicants have when their application has been stuck not progressing since 2020 or 2021 but I would not consider posts claiming decisions made within several months as trolling.

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:55 am

Puustimies wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:43 am
kalaizanala wrote:
For example myself I registered and posted in this Citizenship forum only to share what my experience was: Application 15/6/22, identity proof at Migri 4/7/22 and decision 17/11/22. The reason being that most of this thread was a rant about how long the application processing takes as well as the obsession with queue numbers. My queue number on the day of the decision was 4852 and wanted to illustrate those numbers don't mean much. I do not post elsewhere, as EU citizen I never went through residence permit process, only registered my residence right with Migri in 2005 when I permanently moved here. Having a Finnish spouse for 25 years, I quite much know all answers to how things work in Finland :D , no need for me to discuss it in finlandforum.
I fully understand the frustration the applicants have when their application has been stuck not progressing since 2020 or 2021 but I would not consider posts claiming decisions made within several months as trolling.
I understand your situation too, everything is possible. But trolling is an essential part of the internet, so who knows what is 100% true and what is not.
And also, where are all the silent forum readers who got decision in 20-26 months? Or only 6 months straightforward gigachads are happy to share their news?

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Puustimies wrote:
kalaizanala wrote:
Well, I know one guy personally who applied only recently and even when he got his YKI my application was about 6 months pending. So I highly doubt these folks you talk about are all trolls. I have however, noticed that the 2022 applicants seem to be getting theirs quite fast. Remember, the waiting window was only reduced just recently that’s probably going to their advantage, which I must say is okay. Now I visited the nigiri office for a different issue and I asked the officer I met about my citizenship application. She had to look at the time I had applied which was in 2021 and gave be a waiting window corresponding to the applications for within that period I had applied. Again, and this is a theory, but it seemed to me that once you visit they put in you in a distinct class or queue or whatever(there are different queues if you didn’t know already) which would probably not change until it is time for your application to be looked at. So while it might not seem fair, most people who applied in 2022 would probably even get theirs before some people from 2021. Note: I have inquired on 3 separate occasions from 3 different people and they have all told me I’m going to have to wait for about 2 years (my country is on the list btw).

Mamusha

Post by Mamusha » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:45 pm

pizzapasta wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:12 pm
Puustimies wrote:
kalaizanala wrote:
Well, I know one guy personally who applied only recently and even when he got his YKI my application was about 6 months pending. So I highly doubt these folks you talk about are all trolls. I have however, noticed that the 2022 applicants seem to be getting theirs quite fast. Remember, the waiting window was only reduced just recently that’s probably going to their advantage, which I must say is okay. Now I visited the nigiri office for a different issue and I asked the officer I met about my citizenship application. She had to look at the time I had applied which was in 2021 and gave be a waiting window corresponding to the applications for within that period I had applied. Again, and this is a theory, but it seemed to me that once you visit they put in you in a distinct class or queue or whatever(there are different queues if you didn’t know already) which would probably not change until it is time for your application to be looked at. So while it might not seem fair, most people who applied in 2022 would probably even get theirs before some people from 2021. Note: I have inquired on 3 separate occasions from 3 different people and they have all told me I’m going to have to wait for about 2 years (my country is on the list btw).
I didn’t know that there are different queues already. Do you know based on what factors they create different queries?

I have the same theory about initial visit and application assessment. There must be special markings on each application whether certain applications would be processed at faster speed.

Human factor might also affect. I had an officer who kept asking about original YKI testi document and she wasn’t happy that I brought just a copy of it though I spoke good Finnish.

skull_maito

Post by skull_maito » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:37 pm

To those who may concern;
I will share with you my experience with Migri here;

I applied for the citizenship in March 2021, and made a physical visit at the Migri office few days later, this month makes it 21 months of waiting with my application not even yet opened. In October 2022, I made an official complaints based on discrimination to Migri with other agencies copied. Well, to cut the long story short, Migri responded and I will try to summarise their response below, so for those who keep shouting there is no discrimination can make a conclusion for themselves after reading.

About my situation: Living in Finland for over 8 years, I have a Finnish spouse, I have a kid, no criminal records whatsoever, I own an apartment, I have been in employment for the past 8 years uninterrupted. So with this, you have a clear understanding of where I stand.

So the reason Migri gave about the delay is;
They have an automation system in place that categorises different applicants into 4 groups;
1st group gets decision within 7-8 months;
2nd group gets decision within 15-16 months;
3rd group gets decision around 26 months;
4th group gets decision around 20 to 25 months.

So according to Migri, my application was automatically placed in the 3rd group, reason that the current citizenship I hold made that possible without even considering other requirements for the citizenship I met (Remember the old list of countries on Migri website some years ago). its quite disheartening that the list though might not be on the website, but it is still being used at the backend to group applicants.

They further claim, that the national passport I hold couldn't be fully trusted (I have renewed this same passport from my country embassy located in the Nordics), this is the same document I have been using for all of my residence applications for the entire period I have been living here. Lest I forget, they also used the word "3rd world countries" (Who does that in this modern age, written comfortably in an official document).

So for those whose current citizenship puts them in the 3rd basket, their applications are often checked by the superior officers (Ylitarkastajat), but at the moment now, they don't have enough personnel (Ylitarkastajat) to handle the current cases from those who are from 3rd world countries.

So for others who are from 3rd world countries like myself, now you have a clear understanding why your application might not be attended to soon. The 26 months deadline given is just the average, which means it can go way beyond that.

If Migri could be using citizenship to group applicants, what do we know that go on in recruitment process in other Finnish companies.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:30 pm

skull_maito wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:37 pm

I applied for the citizenship in March 2021, and made a physical visit at the Migri office few days later, this month makes it 21 months of waiting with my application not even yet opened. In October 2022, I made an official complaints based on discrimination to Migri with other agencies copied. Well, to cut the long story short, Migri responded and I will try to summarise their response below, so for those who keep shouting there is no discrimination can make a conclusion for themselves after reading.

About my situation: Living in Finland for over 8 years, I have a Finnish spouse, I have a kid, no criminal records whatsoever, I own an apartment, I have been in employment for the past 8 years uninterrupted. So with this, you have a clear understanding of where I stand.

They have an automation system in place that categorises different applicants into 4 groups;

So according to Migri, my application was automatically placed in the 3rd group, reason that the current citizenship I hold made that possible without even considering other requirements for the citizenship I met (Remember the old list of countries on Migri website some years ago). its quite disheartening that the list though might not be on the website, but it is still being used at the backend to group applicants.

They further claim, that the national passport I hold couldn't be fully trusted (I have renewed this same passport from my country embassy located in the Nordics), this is the same document I have been using for all of my residence applications for the entire period I have been living here. Lest I forget, they also used the word "3rd world countries" (Who does that in this modern age, written comfortably in an official document).

So for those whose current citizenship puts them in the 3rd basket, their applications are often checked by the superior officers (Ylitarkastajat), but at the moment now, they don't have enough personnel (Ylitarkastajat) to handle the current cases from those who are from 3rd world countries.

So for others who are from 3rd world countries like myself, now you have a clear understanding why your application might not be attended to soon. The 26 months deadline given is just the average, which means it can go way beyond that.

If Migri could be using citizenship to group applicants, what do we know that go on in recruitment process in other Finnish companies.

Very sad to hear that but what can we do? We just have to wait any day they feel like they will process our so called 3rd country group it wont take over 2 years anymore. This is pure discrimination and not fair at all. Citizenship is not a right so we cant sue them

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:47 pm

boy30062021 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:30 pm
skull_maito wrote:

Very sad to hear that but what can we do? We just have to wait any day they feel like they will process our so called 3rd country group it wont take over 2 years anymore. This is pure discrimination and not fair at all. Citizenship is not a right so we cant sue them
If you come from 3rd country, they quickly change their attitude towards you. 3rd country citizens here are also working hard paying their taxes steadily and not committing crimes.

sri3001

Post by sri3001 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:59 pm

skull_maito wrote:

Did you submit your application online? If so, what is the estimate you get from the system? Is it 26 months or 7-16 months? And also, is your country on the list or are you just from a so-called "3rd world country"?
Last edited by sri3001 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pizzapasta

Post by pizzapasta » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:49 pm

skull_maito wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting how some of our suspicions have actually been confirmed. The fact that they had to expunge that infamous list from their website clearly indicates that they are trying to hide the unfairness from the public while they continually treat folks differently based solely on their counties of origin. I’m sure if people knew the categories they belonged, it will put their minds at ease and wait patiently. I already got the indication a while back that I’d have to wait for around 2 years but this news reaffirms it. Thanks again.

kocool12

Post by kocool12 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:02 am

Finally got my decision after 29months.

Edward35

Post by Edward35 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:08 am

kocool12 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:02 am
Congratulations mate! Application moved to stage 2 before you got?

kocool12

Post by kocool12 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:31 am

yes. spent 2 weeks there
Edward35 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:08 am
kocool12 wrote:
Congratulations mate! Application moved to stage 2 before you got?

kalaizanala

Post by kalaizanala » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:13 am

skull_maito wrote:

I think country is not an issue, at least if it is not on migri's black list and not really low trusted.
I've left posts about this before, but I can summarize it here as well:

I'm waiting for 17 months and I'm still at Stage 1, while

1) My friend from the same country with the same background(same age, income, university degree, marital status, etc...) got citizenship in 7 months this year. There was no reason at all to put us to different queue groups if those are existing.

2) Second person from my country with almost same background (same age, same working field, same income... but different uni and she is leaving in Finland two years longer than me). Citizenship received in 9 months.

3) Family from the same country as me. With the magic help of Migri employee, they got citizenship in 2 weeks.
Last edited by kalaizanala on Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boy30062021

Post by boy30062021 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:22 am

kocool12 wrote:
Congrats :thumbsup: You have been really waiting so long. Looks like they are processing 2020 applications now. The queue number is moving a bit now this week. What was your queue number before the decision so we can have an idea of how many 2020 applications were before your decision. Earlier this summer I heard that there were 2500 applications left for 2020.