tax deduction on trading loss on etoro

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nokiassa

Post by nokiassa » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 pm

So I did some trading on an international trading site named etoro (some of you may know) but unfortunately, I have some loss during this year. So I would like to ask how to have tax deductions on these losses? Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

NukkuMatti

Re: tax deduction on trading loss on etoro

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:12 pm

nokiassa wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 pm
So I did some trading on an international trading site named etoro (some of you may know) but unfortunately, I have some loss during this year. So I would like to ask how to have tax deductions on these losses? Thanks!
You file this in capital income tax.
I believe you can deduct these losses in the next few years if you have profit in those years, in other words, you can move your loss to the next year. But for details about this (conditions), check the webpage of Vero.fi it should be there in English too..

Edit: found it: https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/prop ... ng-shares/

It is somewhere half way: headline: The sales loss is deducted from your capital income
If you have no capital income or if said income is lower than the sales losses to be deducted, the deduction is transferred to the following 5 years.

detailedyearning

Post by detailedyearning » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:15 am

NukkuMatti wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:12 pm
nokiassa wrote:
You file this in capital income tax.
I believe you can deduct these losses in the next few years if you have profit in those years, in other words, you can move your loss to the next year. But for details about this (conditions), check the webpage of Vero.fi it should be there in English too..

Edit: found it: https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/prop ... ng-shares/tunnel rush

It is somewhere half way: headline: The sales loss is deducted from your capital income
If you have no capital income or if said income is lower than the sales losses to be deducted, the deduction is transferred to the following 5 years.
Useful sharing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

agroot

Post by agroot » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:00 pm

nokiassa wrote:
Do they let you invest in ETFs (not repackaged UCITS) directly as an EU resident? just curious...