Family ties Visa (RP)

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Bailey Saung

Family ties Visa (RP)

Post by Bailey Saung » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:33 pm

Hello, I am here to ask your favor upon my following questions.

"Can my girlfriend apply for RP now on the basics of family ties (cohabitating partner that we have lived together for over 2 years in third country) as I have lived and worked here, Finland with Type A RP for two months?" Because information about 6 months of bank statement of mine is asked in enter Finland website. If so, shall she wait for 4 months to my living in Finland up to six months or apply in advance?
Thank you so much.

Best,

Family ties Visa (RP)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

SecretCode

Re: Family ties Visa (RP)

Post by SecretCode » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:57 am

I'm not an expert, but I think family ties means you have official documentation like marriage or birth connection to a Finnish citizen. Marriage to a Type A permanent resident might also be accepted.

But cohabiting for over 2 years is not family ties, it is an "intimate relationship" and you would need to apply on those grounds. Again, an intimate relationship with a resident who is not a citizen might be accepted, but I don't know.

The income or savings requirement is for the applicant, ie your girlfriend, not for you. They explicitly states the funds must be in the applicant's name not the sponsor's (which would be you).

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:59 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:57 am
I'm not an expert, but I think family ties means you have official documentation like marriage or birth connection to a Finnish citizen. Marriage to a Type A permanent resident might also be accepted.

But cohabiting for over 2 years is not family ties, it is an "intimate relationship" and you would need to apply on those grounds. Again, an intimate relationship with a resident who is not a citizen might be accepted, but I don't know.
Everything you write is completely wrong.

2 years cohabitation is considered like marriage for RP purposes.

Even family members of people with a type B residence permit can get a residence permit on the basis of family ties, and I know people where this worked without problem.

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:21 pm

Please provide some evidence for that.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:32 pm

SecretCode wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:21 pm
Please provide some evidence for that.
says the person who did not provide any evidence when misleading people by making absurdly incorrect claims.

https://migri.fi/en/spouse-in-finland-w ... nce-permit
This makes it clear that you were babbling nonsense.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:47 am

Bailey Saung wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:33 pm
"Can my girlfriend apply for RP now on the basics of family ties (cohabitating partner that we have lived together for over 2 years in third country) as I have lived and worked here, Finland with Type A RP for two months?" Because information about 6 months of bank statement of mine is asked in enter Finland website. If so, shall she wait for 4 months to my living in Finland up to six months or apply in advance?
There is no requirement that you have already been in Finland for 6 months for her to apply, but you might have to provide more bank statements later.