unemployment benefits

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kelly1992

unemployment benefits

Post by kelly1992 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:32 pm

if spouse have full time job and earn enough money then wife can't have unemployment benefits after losing job ?

unemployment benefits

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Re: unemployment benefits

Post by agroot » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:44 pm

kelly1992 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:32 pm
if spouse have full time job and earn enough money then wife can't have unemployment benefits after losing job ?
I can't find any of related requirement on Kela, like https://www.kela.fi/right-to-unemployment-benefits

not in the rules of my unemployment fund either.

but it does affect housing allowances.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:50 pm

That's not true. Earnings related unemployment and similar is based on the individual. There are some of the other categories that may not be paid.

Mamusha

Post by Mamusha » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 am

She can and husband’s income shouldn’t be an obstacle for getting unemployment benefit. At the same time it’s important to know if she resigned herself or employer gave the notice of termination. If she resigned herself, there might some punishment (karenssi). For example, losing unemployment benefit for a couple of months.

It’s hard to give a straightforward answer without much information.

kelly1992 wrote:

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:12 pm

Mamusha wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 am
She can and husband’s income shouldn’t be an obstacle for getting unemployment benefit. At the same time it’s important to know if she resigned herself or employer gave the notice of termination. If she resigned herself, there might some punishment (karenssi). For example, losing unemployment benefit for a couple of months.

It’s hard to give a straightforward answer without much information.

kelly1992 wrote:
losing a job suggests being fired.

As far as I remember, it is as follows:

In the example mentioned, the wife will get for 400 days income related benefits if she was member of the unemployment insurance of a union or similar kind of insurance.
If she was not member, she will at least get the 400 days unemployment benefits from Kela, but only the first 200 days are (if I remember correctly) not depending on the income of the spouse...
It could very well have changed in the past 13 years so don't pin me on it... you should be able to get more answers from Kela about it...