Translation and legalisation of document

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
pamacgs

Post by pamacgs » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:23 pm

Hello,

I have a original certificate of my marital status from Russia and I need to have it translated and legalized for my examination of impediments to marriage. Where would I find this service that can do this for me as fast as possible?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

network_engineer

Re: Translation and legalisation of document

Post by network_engineer » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Hi,

If you search the Internet (Google it) using the words:

virallinen kääntäjä venäjä-suomi

For Example

You may need to get this attested at the maistraatti, but confirm this from the company or translator. And do check multiple offers, the prices may differ quite a bit.

Dragun38

Post by Dragun38 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:38 pm

pamacgs wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:23 pm
Hello,

I have a original certificate of my marital status from Russia and I need to have it translated and legalized for my examination of impediments to marriage. Where would I find this service that can do this for me as fast as possible?

Thanks
Hi authorized translation and legalisation are different things. First you need to legalise your document in the country where the marriage certificate was issued, an Apostille will be put to the back of the document and then you need to translate it here in Finland. In Russia apostille to marriage certificate is given in ZAGS (ЗАГС). Your document will not be accepted if you get Apostille.

pamacgs

Post by pamacgs » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Hi thanks, yes I have the Apostille from the ZAGS. So do I proceed with an authorized translation and a legalisation then?

Dragun38

Post by Dragun38 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:37 am

pamacgs wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:29 pm
Hi thanks, yes I have the Apostille from the ZAGS. So do I proceed with an authorized translation and a legalisation then?
Hi,
Now you need to proceed with authorized translation, just follow the link provided by network_engineer above to translator in your area.
Just to clarify you have already done legalisation with Apostille, so no more legalisation is possible.
When you will make translation from Russian to Finnish do not forget to make Apostille translation as well, because in Russia Apostille is only Russian.

Hassan10

Post by Hassan10 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:15 am

Please help me, I received a negative decision, the reason for the rejection was that my wife and I were not together during our marriage, but we resolved the issue of our second marriage while we were together, we prepared the wedding photos and all documents, can I reapply for a new application? , I am waiting for your reply please.

Hassan10

Post by Hassan10 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:16 am

Dragun38 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:37 am
pamacgs wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:29 pm
Hi,
Now you need to proceed with authorized translation, just follow the link provided by network_engineer above to translator in your area.
Just to clarify you have already done legalisation with Apostille, so no more legalisation is possible.
When you will make translation from Russian to Finnish do not forget to make Apostille translation as well, because in Russia Apostille is only Russian.
Please help me, I received a negative decision, the reason for the rejection was that my wife and I were not together during our marriage, but we resolved the issue of our second marriage while we were together, we prepared the wedding photos and all documents, can I reapply for a new application? , I am waiting for your reply please.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 pm

Hassan10 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:16 am
the reason for the rejection was that my wife and I were not together during our marriage
Er, how exactly does that work?
Hassan10 wrote:
... but we resolved the issue of our second marriage while we were together
Second marriage to the same person?

Sounds very confusing.

Hassan10

Post by Hassan10 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:53 pm

network_engineer wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 pm
Hassan10 wrote:
the reason for the rejection was that my wife and I were not together during our marriage
Er, how exactly does that work?
Hassan10 wrote:
... but we resolved the issue of our second marriage while we were together
Second marriage to the same person?

Sounds very confusing.
Yeah same person

If I explain to you the reason for the negative decision , my wife and I were married by proxy, and the marriage was not registered in Finland.
thats whay, this marriage is not working in finland we had to do a second official marriage we legalized it and my wife registered it in finland , what do you think

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:12 pm

Just my opinion: Sometimes these things can look complex, and most of the times, they are not equipped to handle complex cases.

What do you mean "marriage by proxy"? Do you mean that somebody else stood as a proxy for you or your wife and then the marriage was solemnized, is that correct? That is not known or common in Finland. I've heard that this is possible in some countries, but I don't think this is recognised in Finland. Hence it may have raised suspicions.

If you are legally married to your wife in Finland, then it should be okay; UNLESS Migri suspects that the marriage was only for the purpose of a residence permit, i.e. IF they suspect the reason for the marriage.

For most Finns, arranged marriage is an alien concept as well, even though the notion of not having dated for long is visible e.g. TV programme Ensitreffit Alttarilla

But you can always present the case to the court, and they will examine the case in detail. Make sure you have a good lawyer though.