Basis of intimate relationship application

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
cekovski

Post by cekovski » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:12 am

Hello!

My fiance is going to apply for this application this Friday, and the last time when I check the form I realize there is a question about the spouse section. There is a checkbox on the right corner, " No spouse" , I am not a spouse of hers yet, we engaged 2 years ago and I couldn't be sure about that should I mark that checkbox or not? If don't mark, should I still fill in the spouse section according to my info? Can someone guide me on this?

Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: Basis of intimate relationship application

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:54 pm

cekovski wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:12 am
My fiance is going to apply for this application this Friday, and the last time when I check the form I realize there is a question about the spouse section. There is a checkbox on the right corner, " No spouse" , I am not a spouse of hers yet, we engaged 2 years ago and I couldn't be sure about that should I mark that checkbox or not? If don't mark, should I still fill in the spouse section according to my info? Can someone guide me on this?
"No spouse" is correct, otherwise your fiance could apply for a better residence permit on the basis of family ties.

This residence permit on the basis of other grounds is pretty generic, since "other grounds" are a wide area.

cekovski

Post by cekovski » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:00 pm

Thank you so much for answer. If I no mark that spouse box, should I still fill the information in there? How can they know she engaged with me?

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:58 pm

cekovski wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:00 pm
Thank you so much for answer. If I no mark that spouse box, should I still fill the information in there? How can they know she engaged with me?
I suppose you could write somewhere else as "additional information" that you are engaged to your spouse. Being engaged really does not have any legal standing as such.
ImageImage

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:10 am

cekovski wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:00 pm
If I no mark that spouse box, should I still fill the information in there?
No.

cekovski

Post by cekovski » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:05 pm

Thank you so much for your replies. We applied last week and now we are waiting for the result. I have another question, I have a type A residence permit, if my fiancee is accepted by Migri and if we marry in Finland, her residence permit type will change to the same as mine(A), or will still be the same(B)?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:51 pm

cekovski wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:05 pm
Thank you so much for your replies. We applied last week and now we are waiting for the result. I have another question, I have a type A residence permit, if my fiancee is accepted by Migri and if we marry in Finland, her residence permit type will change to the same as mine(A), or will still be the same(B)?
After marriage she can apply for a type A residence permit as a family member, which will also give her the right to work that is not included in the residence permit on the basis of other grounds.

cekovski

Post by cekovski » Sat May 20, 2023 3:53 pm

Thank you so much for your previous answers!

She applied on 20/01/2023 and from that day she receives a mail from Migri for every month like this ⬇️

I have some questions about this process;

1- It means our application is even not in the process phase, right? Does the 9-12 months process time start after the process phase era or the total time from the first application date?

2- After we applied, Migri added a new document -Intimate relationship attachment form- for applicants who apply with intimate relationship-based residence permits. There was nothing like that form when we applied. Should we fill out that form and send it to migri? If yes, does she have to go embassy again, or post letter is enough to send?

3- During this time she would like to wait this process time with me, in here. If she applies for Visa, (she has 20,000 euros in her bank account) is there a possibility to Migri reject her because her application is still in progress? If her application for a visa is rejected and if she got 1-3 or 6 months Schengen ban is it affect our application?

4- It was a paper application so my fiancee didn't take any paper or mail about her application, or tracking number. Does that tracking number come with after the "processing phase" or first application date? So we can't check on the web our situation, what should she do to get that number?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat May 20, 2023 10:04 pm

cekovski wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:53 pm
1- It means our application is even not in the process phase, right? Does the 9-12 months process time start after the process phase era or the total time from the first application date?
total time
cekovski wrote:
2- After we applied, Migri added a new document -Intimate relationship attachment form- for applicants who apply with intimate relationship-based residence permits. There was nothing like that form when we applied. Should we fill out that form and send it to migri? If yes, does she have to go embassy again, or post letter is enough to send?
You can contact Migri and ask if you should send that.
Visiting the embassy would not be required for submitting a form.
cekovski wrote:
3- During this time she would like to wait this process time with me, in here. If she applies for Visa, (she has 20,000 euros in her bank account) is there a possibility to Migri reject her because her application is still in progress? If her application for a visa is rejected and if she got 1-3 or 6 months Schengen ban is it affect our application?
A normal visa rejection would not result in a Schengen entry ban.

cekovski

Post by cekovski » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:37 pm

Hello to all!

I would like to share a recent situation of our application.

We got a positive decision last Friday from Migri, they approved my fiance's residence permit on 14.07.2023, and they sent a document to my address in Finland. Now we are waiting for the residence permit card to reach my fiance, it might take 2 weeks people said.

It took only 6 months, actually 5 months and 3 weeks and we filled every document clearly, we would like to thank @FinlandGirl for her precious help.

Thank you, and have a good forum!